VIZIO to Challenge LG Display in the OLED Market with its First-Ever 55" and 65" 4K OLED TVs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
A new challenger has appeared in the OLED TV market.

VIZIO has announced its latest lineup of 4K HDR Smart TVs, and this year's collection includes the company's first-ever OLED TV.

The press release doesn't say much in terms of technical specs, but the display will come in 55- and 65-inch sizes.

It will also feature VIZIO's all-new IQ Ultra and IQ Active 4K HDR processors, as well as a "ProGaming Engine" that adds Variable Refresh Rate and AMD FreeSync support.

Backed by VIZIO's IQ Ultra™ processor for unparalleled color, contrast, and clarity, the luxurious, borderless 4mm thin display blends into any space and is made to pair perfectly with the VIZIO Elevate Sound Bar, a 5.1.4 channel Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio solution with revolutionary rotating front height speakers.

But, like Sony, are they buying the panels from LG?
Going to depend a lot on price, if it's higher end like $1.5k+, then I would assume so. I'm not sure who else is producing OLED panels right now.

There are a few Chinese panel manufacturers (BOE, Visionox) that are doing OLED, and at least one TV manufacturer (Konka, Xiaomi, etc... not sure which panels they are using).

So the tech has expanded a good deal beyond just LG, which is great. Probably totally related to LG opening a Chinese factory and all those trade secrets becoming State property.

Hopefully they'll upgrade their remote/UI as well. My parents have a 4k LED from a year or two ago. Came with a basic remote and the advanced features are only accessible thru installing an app on a mobile device.

Become a Patron!
Back