Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Auer

FPS Regular
Currently my most played ARPG, A lot of fun even if the WH40K 'verse ain't your thing :)

Anyone else?

Was going to install this weekend due to recently having that ARPG itch come back. Gameplay I've seen looks great despite the complaints I've been reading.
For me it scratches the ARPG itch, and the WH40K world is hilarious :)
ARPG's are supposed to be silly over the top mayhem and it is that, with nice graphics imo.
Currently running thru as a Psyker, will roll a Tech Priest next.

I had picked up a bunch of W40K books on a Humble deal earlier this year. Took me a bit but finally chewed through them. Decent fluff reading,

It always seemed that it would translate so well into a game, but most of them are those turned based tactical ones like XCom.
I haven’t tried this one though, if I could catch it on a good sale I’ll give it a go. Currently poking around in POE to scratch that ARPG itch.

70% off today for the game and same for the Tech Adept DLC

70% off today for the game and same for the Tech Adept DLC

You got me.

Ok so got it downloaded and tried it out today, looking for some tips:

Any way to zoom out a bit further? I'm playing melee and I don't feel like I can see most enemies until I'm right on top of them, I can't imagine playing ranged at all. Yes, I've scrolled out on the scroll wheel as far as it goes - anything else that could help?

**edit - it's not really zoom level, it's more like camera angle. There's enough room to see "up" towards the top of the screen, but almost nothing towards the bottom. The UI elements being near the bottom make it even worse, since half of what you can see is hidden by those. You can rotate the camera, I suppose, but that disorients me a good deal.

As melee: I seem to get tripped up a lot. I'll be standing next to an enemy, and click to attack, but instead of attacking, my dude decides he wants to try to walk around him instead. Or vice-versa, after playing ring-around-the-rosey and burning all my health instead of attacking, now that I'm trying to run away because of low health, he's going to attack and I can't move out of range. That whole mechanic just seems a bit sluggish or non-refined compared to most ARPGs

It definitely has the WH40K vibe going for it, and it suits the mood of the IP perfectly. Game doesn't look too bad, and plays decently. Performance is a bit hit or miss on my rig: some levels it's plays great, other levels it chokes a bit, and the graphics settings don't appear to make a huge difference in framerates. I appreciate the auto-loot and enough inventory space to make it work out ok.

Not certain if it will replace POE for me or not, but it's definitely got me playing it this weekend. You are right, it's worth the sales price, at the least.

Last edited:
Ok so got it downloaded and tried it out today, looking for some tips:

Any way to zoom out a bit further? I'm playing melee and I don't feel like I can see most enemies until I'm right on top of them, I can't imagine playing ranged at all. Yes, I've scrolled out on the scroll wheel as far as it goes - anything else that could help?

As melee: I seem to get tripped up a lot. I'll be standing next to an enemy, and click to attack, but instead of attacking, my dude decides he wants to try to walk around him instead. Or vice-versa, after playing ring-around-the-rosey and burning all my health instead of attacking, now that I'm trying to run away because of low health, he's going to attack and I can't move out of range. That whole mechanic just seems a bit sluggish or non-refined compared to most ARPGs

It definitely has the WH40K vibe going for it, and it suits the mood of the IP perfectly. Game doesn't look too bad, and plays decently. Performance is a bit hit or miss on my rig: some levels it's plays great, other levels it chokes a bit, and the graphics settings don't appear to make a huge difference in framerates. I appreciate the auto-loot and enough inventory space to make it work out ok.

Not certain if it will replace POE for me or not, but it's definitely got me playing it this weekend. You are right, it's worth the sales price, at the least.

I know of no other way to get more zoom out, sorry.

I dont have the control issues youre mentioning, but I do find that the system takes a little getting used to.

Do you use the space key to get in to cover? Shift key to hold position?
Those are important keys in combat, as is using the cover areas smartly.
Eventually you'll figure out how to tune your character too and that goes a long way towards survivability.

I played Melee for a while too, and while fun my face melting Psycher is a total riot :)
I haven't tried the Tech Priest yet, I'm a Huge Adeptus Mechanicus fan but the Psycher is just so much fun I cant stop playing the little ****er..

Last edited:
Also, If you have FPS drops in certain areas, turning off the weather effects help here.
And the body count timer that determines how long and how many of the enemy corpses hang around after you killed them just lying there can be adjusted for better performance as well.

I play at 4K60fps with really no issues, everything on max with a Ryzen 2700 and a RTX 2070.

Haven't quite figured out the cover mechanic (yeah I know Space, but haven't exactly figured out how to use it effectively)

Yes, Shift. I was pretty used to using this on ranged damage in other games, started to use on this melee character in the same manner and it played a lot better. Thanks for the tip there.

Playing at 4K as well, but a bit older system. Most of the time it's >60FPS, but when it drops, it drops down to 30-40s. Not figured out if there is a setting around that yet, may just be my older rig - as even on Min it will do it occasionally.

I seem to have read that there are some areas where the optimization just aint right and the FPS tanks no matter what your gear is.

I know that some planets are like that, at least when youre in orbit choosing missions. Like a 20fps drop.
I just dont remember where haha.

dpmzt63nfut51.jpg

Become a Patron!
Back