Warner Bros. Sets Fall 2025 Date for Mortal Kombat II

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Mortal Kombat II, a sequel to the 2021 reboot from New Line Cinema that saw Hiroyuki Sanada (Shogun) and Joe Taslim (The Raid) battle one another as two of the fighting game franchise's most popular characters, Scorpion and Sub-Zero, is scheduled to release in the fall of 2025, Warner Bros. has announced.

See full article...

Huh, I guess the previous one did well enough for them to make a sequel. I'm surprised by this. I thought it was a waste of time, but whatever.

Fell pretty much the same. I tried watching the last one and I feel there's more story in the games which to me is a bit surprising. Ultimately got numbed by all the action and turned it off.

I feel there's more story in the games which to me is a bit surprising
MK9 got praise as a key example of how to bring story to the forefront in a fighting game, and 10-12 continued that. MK series has already been rich with lore, but starting with 9 they figured out how to use that lore to present a decent story. I'm not good at fighting games so I play the MK story modes as far as I can before the difficulty stops me, and then I just go on YT and watch the rest of the story. Watching videos of the MK9, 10 and 11 story modes has proven to be a far better movie than any of the MK movies or other media.

Become a Patron!
Back