WB Games Montréal Reportedly Working on New Batman Arkham Title, "Legacy"

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The "Arkham" series of Batman games may not be finished. According to game journalist Sabi, who accurately leaked a ton of info during this year's E3, WB Games Montréal is making a follow-up called "Batman: Arkham Legacy." It'll supposedly revolve around the Bat Family, which implies that characters such as Bat Girl, Nightwing, and Robin will be playable.

What’s also interesting here is that the official reveal of Batman: Arkham Legacy may be just around the corner. Batman: Arkham Origins’ anniversary is on October 25th, so Warner Bros may reveal this new Batman game later this week.

Personally, I'd rather see them move away from the "Arkham" continuity and do a standalone Batman game based on the Court of Owls storyline. Still taking the core gameplay of the Arkham series, mind you.

Just hope that whatever they release launches more smoothly than Batman AK did. That was a proverbial train wreck. I try not to get on the 'optimization' train but it seriously took a 1080TI just get above 60 fps in 1440p with max settings and that was almost two years after release. This never looked like a Crysis contender either so never seemed like the performance hits were justified. Plus, for me, that game didn't feel like it was still a part of the previous Arkham games.

Just hope that whatever they release launches more smoothly than Batman AK did. That was a proverbial train wreck. I try not to get on the 'optimization' train but it seriously took a 1080TI just get above 60 fps in 1440p with max settings and that was almost two years after release. This never looked like a Crysis contender either so never seemed like the performance hits were justified. Plus, for me, that game didn't feel like it was still a part of the previous Arkham games.

The problems with that game on a technical level were primarily due to porting job done by the company hired to do it. That company had a history of cocking up such projects and really shouldn't have been used for a release like that. There were significant modifications to the Unreal 3 engine and it required a team adept with doing console ports well.

I think it was in line with the other Arkham games. What I didn't care for was the ending, which draws way too heavily on the very much over rated Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller. It would have been a game I'd have played and replayed over and over again if it wasn't for the turn the story took during the last 20-30% of the game.

Become a Patron!
Back