What GPU(s) are you running in your main rig?

EVGA GTX 1080 I got for about $340 from B stock last year. Had a 980Ti before from bstock that I sold during crypto craze for the same price I bought it for heh. 1080 has been serving me well since I just play at 1080 with 144fps depending on the game or use DSR.

My 1080Ti kicked the bucket a few days ago. Ordered the RX 5700 XT as a replacement (it's been a while since I've used a non NVIDIA card). I'll need to have a look at FreeSync monitors now...

My 1080Ti kicked the bucket a few days ago. Ordered the RX 5700 XT as a replacement (it's been a while since I've used a non NVIDIA card). I'll need to have a look at FreeSync monitors now...
Hey you are a prime candidate for the magic oven trick!
Your 1080ti may benefit from a solder reflow.
I can find details if you are interested, you might at least be able to sell it.

MSI GTX 1660 that I bought for my Son.. He has been 'testing' the Titan xp I bought from Kyle's fire sale and well.. I don't think I'm getting it back!

I can find details if you are interested, you might at least be able to sell it.

With all due respect do not sell a baked GPU. It will fail again in short order even if it works when you are done baking it. Totally hosing your buyer most of the time.

Just sayin' :cool:

MSI GTX 1660 that I bought for my Son.. He has been 'testing' the Titan xp I bought from Kyle's fire sale and well.. I don't think I'm getting it back!

With all due respect do not sell a baked GPU. It will fail again in short order even if it works when you are done baking it. Totally hosing your buyer most of the time.

Probably a fair comment not having tried it.
Although, if reflowing fixes it, its down to how good a reflow is performed whether it lasts.
I agree its pot luck on the negative side.

I doubt it would work in this particular case. And I would not feel comfortable trying this without a reflow oven. It's an opportunity to try a brand new RX5700 XT (I probably wont notice any difference)...

RX 550 in the desktop, iGPU Iris Pro in the laptop. As you might imagine, neither box is a gaming box. GT710's and GT120's in the cluster nodes.

RX 580 at the moment, but will seriously be looking at one of the custom cooled RX 5700 cards as an upgrade later in the year though.

Right now one of my comps has dual GTX 1080 Ti cards.

I have another one with dual R290X cards.

For kicks I think I'm going to buy a 5700 XT for the Radeon computer as soon as I can find a waterblock.

I'm not planning any giant upgrades until the next big release from Nvidia.
I'm interested in the whole RTX thing, but this generation just has no horsepower.

I second this. don't hose somebody selling them a POS that was revived by hocus-pocus.
If it comes back, great. use it and then dump it when it breaks again.

Zotac 1080ti AMP edition. A remnant of my mining days (it is an RMA warranty return from a card that failed).

It's REALLY quiet for what it is.

sold off my Gigabyte GTX 1080 and got myself an:

ASRock RX 5700xt

At first I was experiencing reboots 10-15 seconds into the desktop until I manually set the PCIe from Auto to Gen 2(Pcie 2.0) and then I got functionality.. now with recent 3.40 BIOS for my ASRock X470 Master SLI/ac .. I have PCIe 3.0 and no reboots and gaming (Hunt:Showdown) has been great! Card is a bit loud though but I game with headphones on and don't hear it when it actually gets it's loudest while gaming .. take the headphones off and yeah .. this thing is a bit loud, lol.

Main rig is still running a Fury on a 1440 75hz freesync, looking forward to Navi.

Racing rig is using an RX580 8gb on 3x 27" 144hz 1080p freesync monitors, a 4th monitor for whatever and sometimes a Lenovo explorer HMD. Again looking forward to Navi lol.

Wife's rig is using an RX580 8gb on a 24" 1080 monitor.

HTPC is using an R7 360x? Dunno, good enough for what I use it for and steam in home streaming.
I'm running a fury in my main rig too. Both my daughter's are running rx560s, my son's just got an rx570 and took the 280x out. To expensive to upgrade to often, so it's mid/low for everyone :). Honestly the 280x was almost as fast as the rx570 that it replaced, but a little less heat and power (and freesync support).

My main rig got a MSi Sea Hawk EK X 1080ti with two 27" 1440p monitors and one 24" 1200p monitor. My laptop got a 1070 and a full hd display.

Let me see......

1080 Ti, a pair in one computer, sadly SLi seems dead in the water.
New 5700 XT
750 Ti
Old Radeon 4850 in a server
Really old XFX 8800 GT on my open bench

Let me see......

1080 Ti, a pair in one computer, sadly SLi seems dead in the water.
New 5700 XT
750 Ti
Old Radeon 4850 in a server
Really old XFX 8800 GT on my open bench
I just re-acquired my old 8800GTS 320mb from an old build I did for a gal .. I "upgraded" her to a less power hungry HD7450

Become a Patron!
Back