What happened to the EGVA queue anyway?

Brian_B

FPS Enthusiast
Seems like they kinda gave up on it around December?

Yeah... I suspect they never had any intention of really going through with it. I see EVGA stuff popping up elsewhere, but some of these queues haven't moved since the day they started.

Sure, the tracker isn't 100% and all... but you'd think if there were any movement at all you'd be seeing some of these trackers picking that up more than what we are seeing. That, or maybe 1 out of 10 cards are going toward the queues and the rest out the back door to ... (miners? retailers? aliens?)

I got a 3090 hybrid notify 2 weeks after it launched, Passed it on to a friend.
Same for a 3070 FTW3.

I got a 3090 hybrid notify 2 weeks after it launched, Passed it on to a friend.
Same for a 3070 FTW3.

I've been signed up for a 3070 XC3 and a 3060 XC... since the day they allowed signups. Nothing. The queues, according to the tracker you linked, the two I'm signed up for haven't moved past the first couple hours of the day the queue started.

So are the prioritizing some SKUs over others? That could be, it would make sense to prioritize the higher margin products. But even past that - they are moving so glacially slow that.. for you to have got two cards is amazing.... and I don't know is typical at all.

Also, for you to have got two cards - what happened to chill and game on? Faker.

So are the prioritizing some SKUs over others? That could be, it would make sense to prioritize the higher margin products. But even past that - they are moving so glacially slow that.. for you to have got two cards is amazing.... and I don't know is typical at all.

Def proiritizing high end SKU's. Some ppl that basically signed up for ALL SKU's at their launches have picked up 3-4 cards, according to their posts at least.

I have a distill alert that I get sometimes from Best Buy for the FE 3080. Never managed to get past the shopping cart.
But last time it went off I texted a friend who promptly went online and picked up a 3070FE.

I have good Karma, just not for myself.

Yeah, I used to follow the queue times (and was in for a few), but that grew old fast when you'd see how slowly they moved. Sometimes moving up the queue in 'seconds' was a big movement for the cards.

I liked the idea of the queue system, but the execution wasn't great.

Yeah, I used to follow the queue times (and was in for a few), but that grew old fast when you'd see how slowly they moved. Sometimes moving up the queue in 'seconds' was a big movement for the cards.

I liked the idea of the queue system, but the execution wasn't great.
Without stock, nothing works.
EVGA did the best thing possible.
And unless youre willing to hunt with bots or go to scalpers it's your best shot at getting a RTX 3K card for a while to come.
It's zero effort on your part once you signed up. Just wait :p

And unless youre willing to hunt with bots or go to scalpers it's your best shot at getting a RTX 3K card for a while to come.

I haven't tried it myself (got my GPU late December), but I've been hearing good things about the Newegg Lottery system. I think if I was trying to get a card right now, that's where I think I'd find the most success.

Stock is an issue, sure. But I keep seeking EVGA cards popping up elsewhere - random restock alerts, Newegg Shuffle, etc. Places that aren’t servicing their queue.
So I think EVGA talked about doing the next best thing, then mostly ignored it.

And it apparently is not your best option - following these various tracking sites seems to have much better luck, if your fortunate enough to have a desk job where you can keep a tab open.

The queue may be less effort, but it isn’t working. A lot of SKUs haven’t budged...

Stock is an issue, sure. But I keep seeking EVGA cards popping up elsewhere - random restock alerts, Newegg Shuffle, etc. Places that aren’t servicing their queue.
So I think EVGA talked about doing the next best thing, then mostly ignored it.
Pretty sure they have obligations to retailers.
The que was never advertised as an exclusive by any means.
The whole point of the que was to keep scalping at a minimum and give people a different avenue to eventually getting a GPU.

I haven't tried it myself (got my GPU late December), but I've been hearing good things about the Newegg Lottery system. I think if I was trying to get a card right now, that's where I think I'd find the most success.
I've entered the Product Shuffle 3 times so far, with no success in nabbing anything I've selected. Small sample-size but no luck on my end.

I've entered the Product Shuffle 3 times so far, with no success in nabbing anything I've selected. Small sample-size but no luck on my end.
Notice today's shuffle - 3 different EVGA SKUs. No word on quantities of course, so they could have one card of each for all we know. But still, my point stands.

Notice today's shuffle - 3 different EVGA SKUs. No word on quantities of course, so they could have one card of each for all we know. But still, my point stands.
3 different 3060's.....

No 3070, 3080 or 3090.

People aren't in the 3060 queues as well?
They are, and right now those are the ones that move the most.
What I'm saying is that when a SKU is really dry in the que, you really don't see it in retail much either.
And hybrids are que only atm, no retail at all.

Become a Patron!
Back