What Linux OS do you use currently?

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
What flavor of Linux is installed on your machine(s)?

I'm using Linux Lite 4.4 w/5.1 Kernel on both my work desktop HP Z820 and my work laptop HP Elitebook 810.

I don't use Linux on my desktops, but use it fairly extensively on my servers and virtual machines - no GUI for me.
  • The FPS Review website and Forums - Ubuntu 18.04
  • Home Storage Server - Freenas (Free BSD)
  • Main gig web server - CentOS 7 (Running Plesk)
  • Other VMs - Mix of Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 depending on when I set them up.

At home, the vast majority of my day-to-day productivity relies on Adobe software (and various extensions), and I'm not jumping through hoops to make it all work.

I was on Manjaro for at least a year before I switched to POP!_OS. I run Cinnamon on both so the differences are minimal. I DO miss the AUR on Manjaro though. Its hard to give up POP!_OS though with how forward thinking they are. I love having power profiles for my laptop and pre-installed current drivers on my desktop. Especially since I run a RTX 2080ti which I couldn't even get Ubuntu 18.04 running with due to an old driver that is completely incompatible.

I don't do linux, but FreeBSD keeps a permanent home on my computer (even though I use Windows for daily use).

Ubuntu dual booted with Win10.....switching back to OpenSuse with the release of 15.1

Never could stick with it. Used various distro's over the years for a month or two, but just couldn't be bothered to be searching CLI commands on a near daily basis.

Fedora on my home media server and on my laptop (dual boot). Tried verious debian flavors but always coming back to fedora... On the server, I run XFCE, and on the laptop, KDE.

Mint Cinnamon 18.3 on mine, Manjaro Cinnamon on a new build for a family member, Bodhi linux on an old laptop for emergency usage.

Going to try out MX Linux and see what all the hubub is about.

OpenSUSE, Tumbleweed on the dev box and Leap 15.1 on the cluster, all KDE. (The laptop and iMac run OS/X, of course.)

I had Centos on some of the cluster nodes, but having a couple different distros was annoying for no particular benefit, so I changed it.

I generally run newer kernels though. I think I have 5.0.20 everywhere at the moment. (Gotta be careful with the one node with a weird GT120 video card, the nouveau people manage to break it every now and then, although it hasn't happened for a while now.)

CentOS on all my servers. We use RHEL almost exclusively at work, and my previous job was a toss up between RHEL and OEL, so keeping my Red Hat skills up to date is pretty big for me. That being said, my heart belongs to Debian.

I just tried out Ubuntu on Windows and seems to work quite well.

Become a Patron!
Back