What Linux Programs Do You Use on a Daily Basis?

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
What Linux Programs Do You Use on a Daily Basis?

Post useful Linux based programs you find useful whether they are free or paid for.

My List:

Terminology - Terminal Emulator
Waterfox - Firefox fork
Falkon - KDE based browser
Cherrytree - Onenote type program
FreeOffice - spreadsheet, docs, and presentation program that is MUCH better than Libre office
Filezilla - for FTP and SFTP access
Steam - you better know what that is...
SMPlayer - Media player (I don't like VLC)
VMWare - Virtual Machines
PlayonLinux - Wine

Terminal - Whatever is stock. Im not picky.
Firefox - I love the sync function since I like to keep everything the same across all my platforms.
Libre Office - Basic work.
Steam - Vidya.
Lutris - Getting my windows vidya to play on linux.
Playonlinux - Getting more of my windows vidya to play on linux.
Virtual Box - I actually dont even bother with windows. I use it for specialized version of Linux that serve a single purpose like Oracle Linux.
Clementine - I wish Musicbee would make a Linux version but this one isn't bad. I dont like cloud music services, I have a huge library and still buy CDs. I rip them and meticulously organize them and Clementine makes that simple.
Teamviewer - Easier than SSH since I work with Linux, Mac, and Windows boxes.
Evernote - Notekeeping across all platforms.
Netbeans - my Java IDE of choice
Private Internet Access - My VPN of choice. Works great on linux.
Dischord - I use it mostly to find groups for CSGO but there are some communities I check in with occasionally on it. Works great on Linux.

Steam
Lutris
PIA
Plex
Qbitorrent
Libre office
VLC
Krita
Virtualbox

sed
awk
gedit
gvim
bash
Plex
putty
winscp
Android (just stating the obvious)
ESXi & VMWare

... and the list goes on. Mostly I do a lot of bash scripts for work.

^ Like these guys, I typically use the stuff built-in to a minimal install. Screen is something I install on every instance I build - its utility can't be argued. At work we use SecureCRT to connect to multiple SSH sessions and I'm pretty happy with it. PuTTY is my home-use choice for Windows boxes, or Terminal for MacOS. I haven't used a Linux window manager for well over a decade, but when I did FluxBox was my choice. BitchX was for IRC back when I felt social.

Nano, ssh, wget, Plex Server (yeah not linux only but ok) Open VAS, Ovpn Server, HTOP, awk, grep, tail, progress, cat, ls, df, du -hsc.

Become a Patron!
Back