Where to Find a Launch Day 4070 Ti SUPER GPU

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Today, NVIDIA’s RTX 4070 Ti SUPER GPUs hit the market, the day after we dropped reviews on a couple of them and found them to be a significant boost over last year’s “non-SUPER” RTX 4070 GPUs. The base MSRP is landing at $799.99, however there is no Founders Edition from NVIDIA to set this as […]

See full article...

I get why NV primarily compared these to the 3070 and it makes sense that if anyone already dropped money on a 4070/4070 Ti they wouldn't consider the gain worth it, although depending on the game that gain can be as little as 5-6 FPS or as high as 10-12 FPS in 4K which can be a perceivable difference when those numbers are around or higher than 60 FPS.

I think these are mainly for those on 30 series or older gens and at $799, a great value. That's pretty close to what I paid for my Strix OC 1080 Ti back in the day and one of these would full-on crush that card and that was probably my favorite card to date, until I got the 4090 in my sig. Now that the 7900 XT is down to around the same, or lower price it too falls into that bracket but as Brent's reviews showed, this card very much leaps ahead when ray tracing comes into play. Both are good cards at great price points. though.

The only reason to jump on this card would be if you were 20 series or lower with respects to what you currently have. My 3070 and 3080 pack more than enough gaming power for what I need, and I'd rather spend that money on the 50 series when the time comes, as I'm sure that performance difference (50 to 30 series) will be large enough to warrant the expense.

The only reason to jump on this card would be if you were 20 series or lower with respects to what you currently have. My 3070 and 3080 pack more than enough gaming power for what I need, and I'd rather spend that money on the 50 series when the time comes, as I'm sure that performance difference (50 to 30 series) will be large enough to warrant the expense.

I tend to agree. My 3070 Strix/5600X combo get me 120-140 fps in MW3 @ 1440. Granted I've got the settings turned down some but I would do that regardless as I want the best frame rate I can get in competitive shooters. I may even skip the 5000 series because it doesn't seem like GPU demand is going up in games other than VRAM.

Become a Patron!
Back