Windows 11 Adoption Appears to Have Stalled

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sorry, Microsoft, but it looks like nobody really gives a **** about Windows 11. Or, at least, that's what the latest stats from AdDuplex wants its visitors to think, having shared a new report that indicates adoption of the new operating system had slowed down significantly during the month of March.

Go to post

Good. Windows 11 is another Vista failure so far, imho.

Always a backlash against a new OS. I have three machines running it here and no issues so far.

Win10 came out in 2015 and didn't get decent until about 2018 or 2019. I'm not even looking at Win11 until a few years from now. Hopefully by then it won't still be broken-@ss beta software that's missing features Win10 has. And why the f*ck does Task Manager still not reflect Dark Mode?!

Not gone to 11 yet even though I should with my Alder lake CPU, read about some potential issues, not read about a fix so sticking with 10 for now.

Yeah, not much motivation to even test it when it technically is supposed to only run on my newer Ryzen systems (sorry 1st gen 1700, you're already too old) and yet win11 seems to have issues with Ryzen chips and the new scheduler. On top of all the standard new win OS bugs and compatibility problems. Microsoft isn't even the company they were when they released win8 let alone Vista. It will take them 2-3 years minimum to get things mostly stable like with win10.

There is no reason to jump to it as a gamer unless you have the E core Alderlake chips. Direct storage isn't really a thing yet so wake me up when games use it and use it well. Given the state of most new games these days, they themselves take a year to fix all their bugs.

I've heard of a number of people that have been fine with it but I remember all-too-well the hassles in adopting a new OS and I'm just not willing to put in the time for it right now. Maybe by the holidays, I'll feel differently but right now I just don't see a real benefit.

I had done the upgrade to windows 11 home previously. Now I would say if you are going to do it just wipe your system (after backing up data) and install a fresh copy of 11 pro. At least then you're less likely to get the add nonsense when they turn it on.

Become a Patron!
Back