Wonder Woman 1984 Releasing on HBO Max and Theaters Christmas Day

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
wonder-woman-1984-colorful-banner-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

We previously reported that Patti Jenkins and Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman sequel might be getting a day-and-date release. That appears to be the plan, as Warner Bros. has confirmed to multiple outlets (1, 2, 3) that Wonder Woman 1984 will debut in both theaters and HBO Max (at no additional cost) on...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's going to be very interesting. I hope it brings in the subscribers in big numbers!

I decided to get HBO Max over the summer and pretty happy with it. Really excited we'll get to watch this on Christmas. My only complaint is that they're only 1080p, for now, but that'll give me more incentive to get the 4K disc if we like it.

Well, that will be another movie that will quickly be released into the wild.....

I bet the big movie theater chains are not pleased by this, and the implications for future releases.

I bet real money that we will see chains going out of business next year... maybe even some mergers as they band together to try to stay alive / relevant.

Happy my HBO sub via Amazon just got bumped to Max

I bet the big movie theater chains are not pleased by this, and the implications for future releases.

I bet real money that we will see chains going out of business next year... maybe even some mergers as they band together to try to stay alive / relevant.

With the lifting of the restriction on studios not having their own Movie theaters... I expect small towns to be all but abandoned and the realm of independent movie theaters and chains. I expect big cities to start getting 'thematic' movie theaters ran by the various studios, perhaps even working with eachother. A sony/Disney theater for instance with staff wearing new release outfits and such, tickets costing 15 bucks a seat but reserved, and offering in theater dining that is overpriced.

That sort of thing.

With the lifting of the restriction on studios not having their own Movie theaters... I expect small towns to be all but abandoned and the realm of independent movie theaters and chains. I expect big cities to start getting 'thematic' movie theaters ran by the various studios, perhaps even working with eachother. A sony/Disney theater for instance with staff wearing new release outfits and such, tickets costing 15 bucks a seat but reserved, and offering in theater dining that is overpriced.

That sort of thing.
Have to agree. It was kind of already going that direction but this will certainly accelerate that transition.

Since Regal and AMC shut down voluntarily they have no room to complain about it. I'll keep happily patronizing my local theater where the food and accommodations are superior, anyway.

Become a Patron!
Back