YEYIAN Launches HUSSAR MicroATX Gaming PC Case with Support for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 and AMD Radeon RX 7900 Series GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
YEYIAN Gaming, a global leader in the design and manufacturing of innovative pre-built gaming PCs, peripherals, and computer components, has announced the HUSSAR, a micro-ATX gaming PC case that is fully compatible with all standard microATX and mini ITX motherboards and triple-slot graphics cards that measure up to 355 mm, including the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 and Radeon RX 7900 Series.

See full article...

I had to go to their site to see if I was understanding this correctly as they stated you could mount 2x 240 AIOs. The front and both sides are solid so you'd have to mount them on top and bottom but I do like the rear fan options. It could work and I like how manufacturers are changing case dimensions to accommodate larger GPUs but I really prefer one with a front mesh for that other AIO and more airflow. This will probably be fine for most but I'd be a little concerned if using a CPU that would perform better with a 360. A 240 can get the job done for a lot but it's cutting it close if you have a power-hungry heat monster.

I had to go to their site to see if I was understanding this correctly as they stated you could mount 2x 240 AIOs. The front and both sides are solid so you'd have to mount them on top and bottom
I'd consider the claim egregious in that mounting just any AIO on the bottom of the case is a solid no-go. You'd need one with an inline pump or with the pump built into the radiator, as anything with the pump built into the block would place the pump higher than the radiator. And you'd have to know that beforehand, lest have the pump fail.

Overall, the case looks almost ATX-sized; by moving the PSU to the front, sacrificing space that would have been used for said front radiator, and with judicious space above the motherboard, they could have made the case 'modular' like some we're seeing where the motherboard can be installed in various positions.

Could do a custom loop in there with two or three radiators, assuming the aesthetics and dimensions suit your desires, but you're still going to be a bit limited in total thermal capacity due to the lack of cool air intakes thus having to exhaust warm air from a radiator on the bottom through the top radiator(s).

Last, those USB ports. Not sure where companies got the idea that taking up the whole USB 3 header with their front panel connector and then only providing access to one of the two ports is okay, but it ain't.

Yeah, I admit I was just trying to be kind to them but honestly reading the specs on their site got a bit confusing, to say the least, and that's never a good sign.

I've seen worse, and to be honest, this case would make a pretty decent compact build. The USB thing is infuriating (I can never have enough), and it's a bit of a trend among the SFF and MFF boutique crowd for some reason.

And really, well, cases aren't something I'd recommend overspending on, but also not underspending. Another US$20 to US$40 can get you a lot more if you're budget conscious, especially in terms of flexibility and additional fans.

I'd even consider this for a personal build, if I owned an mATX board. Sadly, that's a pretty neglected space, and I could see folks putting an ITX board since they likely wouldn't be missing much of anything versus mATX, supposing they leverage the fan space in the case bottom.

I have to admit it would be kind of funny to see an ITX paired with a 4090 but that goes back to a joke I was making 2-3 years ago about how we're getting to the point where the rest of the build is minute compared to the GPU. I also agree about ports, better to have than not. At least it's a 3.0 and type-c. It would've been hilarious if they had a 2.0 there still.

Become a Patron!
Back