Your thoughts on a cooler..

Niner51

FPS Regular
Happy with my Cooler Master Hyper T4, but had my eye on the Aorus ATC 800 once it came out. It's been out a little while, but I'm having a hard time with the cost at $120. I mainly wanted this cooler because it will look nice with my current Aorus motherboard and video card along with what I figured would be great cooling. Just need some input. Thanks!

Link

Haven't had much experience with air coolers in awhile, so don't have much input on the potential performance of that cooler - but I can say it's very slick looking.

That does look good. I'm not much of an air cooler guy, so I can't speak to how well that would perform. However, if I wasn't interested in custom water cooling or at least going with a high end AIO, I'd probably spend the money on something like that.

Thanks guys. I decided to go ahead and order it. Should be here by Sunday. Hopefully will have time to install and test.

Got it installed. It's huge compared to the Hyper T4. A little hard to install inside the case, but I managed just fine. Dropped temps by a few degrees also.:)

Just saw this- https://wccftech.com/cooler-master-announces-the-updated-hyper-212-evo-v2-cpu-cooler/

Not really enough information to inspire me to post a story about it but I thought I'd post about it here. Looks like Cooler Master is mostly sticking to the 'if it ain't broke' approach. Other than the bracket, which I think does look impressive, and slight changes to the fan there doesn't seem to be much majorly different from its predecessors.

The Hyper 212 is a great cooler, so no real reason to mess with it. Essentially the T4 is the same cooler, which did it's job with no issues.

Last edited:
I'm kind of waiting to see what the production runs look like on the prosiphon elite. It operates as a heat pump cooler where the heat itself generates a pump like effect. It's used in cooling towers for larger installations and runs 24/7 only using excess thermal energy to run everything.

LTT did a look at the larger test unit and it was impressive. (yes it is an 'active' cooler because of the fans.)

https://www.icegiantcooling.com/prosiphonelite

Any chance we see FPSreview take a crack at one of these units?

Become a Patron!
Back