Rosario Dawson Cast As Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker’s Padawan, for The Mandalorian Season 2

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ahsoka-tano-star-wars-rebels-s3-1024x576.jpg
Image: Lucasfilm

Actress Rosario Dawson has reportedly won the highly coveted role of Ahsoka Tano for Disney and Lucasfilm’s next season of The Mandalorian. A Togruta female, Tano is a fan-favorite who was introduced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars as Anakin Skywalker’s padawan.

Slashfilm broke the exclusive and pointed out that Dawson’s casting stemmed from fan output:

This is a fan-casting dream come true. In 2017, a fan tweeted at Rosario Dawson, asking her to appear in a Star Wars movie as Ahsoka, and the actress responded, “Ummmm… yes, please?! #AhsokaLives” This tweet spurred groups of fans to campaign for her to play the role. Dawson was later asked about the fan campaign while appearing on...

Continue reading...

Pretty cool! Ahsoka Tano also has some great cameos in Star Wars Rebels too.

I wonder.. It will need to be an adult version so not a young padawan. Didn't she go grey jedi?

I wonder.. It will need to be an adult version so not a young padawan. Didn't she go grey jedi?

Not sure if she's even considered a Jedi anymore. Not sure how old she was at the end of the Rebels finale (which goes into post-ROTJ iirc) but she was definitely an adult.

Pretty cool, looking forward to seeing a continuation of the Ahsoka story arc.

I couldn't get into that animated show... Maybe I will try again.

Become a Patron!
Back