HBO Max Loses Batman, Wonder Woman, and Other DC Hits Just Weeks After Launch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
wonder-woman-x-arms-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Superhero fans who jumped on WarnerMedia’s new streaming service must not be too happy right now. HBO Max, which only launched on May 27, is already losing (via Deadline) eleven DC films, which include the likes of Batman, Justice League, and Wonder Woman. Here’s the full list of titles that are leaving the service on July 1.

BatmanBatman & RobinBatman ForeverBatman ReturnsBatman v Superman: Dawn of JusticeCatwomanJonah HexJustice LeagueSuicide SquadThe LosersWonder Woman

The good news is that these films will return at a later date. Apparently, HBO Max is taking a rotational approach, with...

Continue reading...

Glad I've got DC Universe. Sure the newer content's limited but at least the stuff made for it is in 4K/HDR, along with a few animated features, and there's a bunch of older series and movies. Not too mention plenty of comics if interested reading. Their builtin app for comics is interesting as well. Honestly they should either move it all to HBO or bring it all back to DCU. Pretty wacky they have it split. I'd prefer if it was all on DCU though. Like I said, 4K/HDR there.

I got HBOMax for free with my cell service. and I use free loosely. but that's interesting thing that they are screwing it up already. But really... all of the harry potter movies in once place and studio ghibli is kind of my main reason for having it. Turner Movie channel is nice too.

I got HBOMax for free with my cell service
Yeah, I was chatting with David about all the ways you can get it free. I, of course, happen to be a part of that segment that doesn't have any of the services they offer it with. It is a really weird beast though. Would've been nice if they just went all in at launch and had all their properties in one place like Disney did. Sure things will come and go but at least I'm not hopping sites for the same provider.

Become a Patron!
Back