Lian Li Launches LANCOOL III PC Chassis

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Lian Li has launched its LANCOOL III PC chassis with many options for liquid or air cooled setups. Tempered glass hinged doors are on either side. It is available in black or white versions...

Go to post

Tempered glass doors on either side. Uhhh.... No thanks can't hide my mess that way.

Like... I like my View 51 TG ARGB case from Thermaltake. What I would REALLY like as a feature for it is for the motherboard tray/power supply to be reversible. Because if how my case sits the window faces the wall. That's the ONLY thing missing in my book to make this case nearly perfect. (WEll other than perforated glass pieces so I have more air flow.)

What I would REALLY like as a feature for it is for the motherboard tray/power supply to be reversible. Because if how my case sits the window faces the wall.
That's been a complaint of mine for some years as well. Other than some bench-type, or really odd-shaped open design things, there hasn't been a whole lot done for that level of customization. I know there have been a couple but not many.

On the other hand, this case has a lot going on for adaptability; with the drive options, fans, cable management, ability to move the front IO, etc. Other than orientation you can pretty much gut it and rebuild it the way you want.

I'm a little bummed. I just ordered a Corsair Carbide 678C that will be here in a matter of days and I heard about this the day after I ordered it. Both have similarities but I like this one more and it's even a little cheaper. A number of sites have already posted reviews on it and some are already calling it one of the best cases of 2022. Oh well, maybe when I do my next build I'll get one.

I got a NZXT H7 Flow on the way to tinker with myself, and thought I'd regret it after seeing this Lian Li case, but after doing some reading I don't think I will. I don't believe the Lian li case has a front filter? I had a Phanteks case that was just mesh with no filter and it wasn't ideal.

I don't believe the Lian li case has a front filter?
I wasn't sure about that either and had to go back and check. It's a part of an optional kit. That's kind of a bummer and I feel a little better about the Carbide now since it comes with it's own top, no front though.
1658018788802.png

Boring. I'm tired of huge cases.
I don't agree with the boring but do about huge cases. That's why I went with the Carbide. It's listed as a mid-size and coming from a HAF I'm hoping for a significant size reduction. When I first got those HAFs, around 10 years ago, I was still doing 2-3 GPU setups plus 4-6 HDDs and close to a dozen fans. A lot has changed since then. The new setup only has 2x m.2s on the motherboard and then the 360mm CPU AIO and 360mm GPU AIO for the 3090 Ti and one fan. It's a challenge to go much smaller but I wouldn't mind it if the case is designed well enough.

Boring. I'm tired of huge cases.
I don't consider this size to be huge. I currently have a Corsair 7000X which I consider huge. It's a great case and with someone with large hands like myself its great to build in. I have a 4000D here I'm housing my back up system in and I consider that the smallest case I'd build in for my taste. I always liked the mid tower size so I decided to try that route again with the H7.

Last edited:
Just dawned on me that someone ought to make a case that unfolds almost like metal origami so you could re-assemble in stages in order to have optimal accessibility during a build. From hinges to screws, to magnets and hooks, there are plenty of ways to do this. I'm sure someone has done it but something more than just the side panels is what I'm talking about.

Just dawned on me that someone ought to make a case that unfolds almost like metal origami so you could re-assemble in stages in order to have optimal accessibility during a build. From hinges to screws, to magnets and hooks, there are plenty of ways to do this. I'm sure someone has done it but something more than just the side panels is what I'm talking about.

I've always wanted an Erector set type of case.... just a bunch of parts shipped in a box and you can make it however you want. I'm kinda shocked this hasn't ever happened (or if it did, I missed it)

I've always wanted an Erector set type of case.... just a bunch of parts shipped in a box and you can make it however you want. I'm kinda shocked this hasn't ever happened (or if it did, I missed it)
I used to work on cars and it makes sense that we're restricted there but when it comes to this stuff it does seem silly to have such restraints.

I'm tired of huge cases.
I used midtowers for many years, but always wanted a fulltower. When I built my current PC I finally went fulltower, and as a system builder I've been really enjoying the extra room to work in. It's definitely more annoying to carry, but LANParties aren't really a thing in my circles anymore (homeys got jobs, wives, kids, etc). The most I ever have to move my system is out from under my desk and onto a nearby work surface, so the weight and size isn't really a problem. I don't know if I would use a fulltower again, the midtowers that are around today have a ton of room, but I would definitely consider using one again. Well my next system will probably end up in the same case I have now, but who knows.

The closest I seen is this case from Inwin, but you build it to their specs without any way to build as you want.
Airforce

It's a great looking case and definitely near the top of my list when I do my 7000 series Ryzen build. I need room for 2x 360 radiators, pump/res and all the plumbing. Much easier to do in a full tower than trying to cram it in to a mid tower.

Become a Patron!
Back