“70% Faster than RTX 4090”: Alleged NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Specs Leak Out as “Blackwell” Gaming GPUs Said to Feature up to 600-Watt Designs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The GeForce RTX 5090, a next-generation flagship gaming GPU from NVIDIA powered by the company's new Blackwell architecture, will feature over 8,000 more CUDA Cores than the GeForce RTX 4090, according to a list of alleged specifications that has been shared online.

See full article...

I'll admit it if this is true I may look to get one if the prices aren't nuts, but I have a feeling they will be.

There's a lot of speculation on pricing but I've seen some media outlets guessing $1800-$2K with the 5080 being $1200-$1500

There's a lot of speculation on pricing but I've seen some media outlets guessing $1800-$2K with the 5080 being $1200-$1500
Honestly this only helps Nvidia if they come in at the 5080 being 1k and the 5090 being 1300 everyone will cheer like the prices are great. When we all know they are still grossly inflated.

What was rumor vs reality on the 4090? I remember some outlandish claims there too but to be honest I don’t rightly know where it stacked up

Im gonna bet on the high side. Since there is no RDNA4 competition I guess the 5090 will be about 2200-2500$.
With the 5080 being 1400-1500 with 4090 performance for less $$$$.
While I hope I am wrong, I can easily see this happening.

I just finally realized something. This trend of insaaaaane prices for flagship graphics cards (and the cards right under the flagships) is probably going to push me to buy high-quality pre-owned from here on out (or buy brand-new old cards). I gave it several generations but the prices aren't coming down. The market isn't returning to sanity. Not much can be done about it. I was complaining when flagship cards were $600 (actually I was complaining when they were $400) so I can't live with the market we got now. I got a fantastic deal on a brand-new 1080 Ti from a dude on [H] a few years after the 1080 Ti came out. Then a homey on this site hooked me and a friend up with super-high-quality great-condition pre-owned 3090s for ridiculously low prices last year. I think I'm just gonna have to continue on this path, cuz I can't be buying brand-new cards from retail anymore with the way the market is now, and has been for years. 4-digit prices for non-workstation GPUs is something I just can't comprehend or tolerate.

I feel you. Try to keep my motherboard/cpu/ram upgrades offset to my motherboard upgrades. Getting an extra year out of my cpu mobo this go around because my old laptop needed replaced.

My last few builds went 2 generations, then 3 generations, then the last was 4.

With more time between generations as well - it makes for a long build cycle for me.

More time and money to throw at the vehicles!

I just got a new Bronco so I'll be throwing money at that I'm sure instead of upgrades to the PC.
View attachment 3056
That is exactly where all my spare (and not spare) money has been going for the past year.

It’s an addiction on an entirely different level than PCs

Attachments

• IMG_1923.jpeg
    IMG_1923.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 5
The thing that bugs me about the bronco sport... 3 cylinder. How do you like the power? Is it ok at highway speeds?

I just finally realized something. This trend of insaaaaane prices for flagship graphics cards (and the cards right under the flagships) is probably going to push me to buy high-quality pre-owned from here on out (or buy brand-new old cards). I gave it several generations but the prices aren't coming down. The market isn't returning to sanity. Not much can be done about it. I was complaining when flagship cards were $600 (actually I was complaining when they were $400) so I can't live with the market we got now. I got a fantastic deal on a brand-new 1080 Ti from a dude on [H] a few years after the 1080 Ti came out. Then a homey on this site hooked me and a friend up with super-high-quality great-condition pre-owned 3090s for ridiculously low prices last year. I think I'm just gonna have to continue on this path, cuz I can't be buying brand-new cards from retail anymore with the way the market is now, and has been for years. 4-digit prices for non-workstation GPUs is something I just can't comprehend or tolerate.
People buy new cards less often so they are trying to compensate for that by upping prices. Instead of a 700 card every year, buy a 2000 card every three years.

Become a Patron!
Back