“70% Faster than RTX 4090”: Alleged NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Specs Leak Out as “Blackwell” Gaming GPUs Said to Feature up to 600-Watt Designs

The thing that bugs me about the bronco sport... 3 cylinder. How do you like the power? Is it ok at highway speeds?
It’s very peppy. Handles pretty nimble, I was surprised. The little turbo makes a big difference, it punches well above its weight class and is better than a lot of smaller V6s I’ve owned. You won’t mistake it for a bigger v6 or anything, but if you didn’t know any better you’d think it has a decent i4/i5 or smaller v6. It's rated at like 180hp from the factory - not bad for that size vehicle.

Put it in Sport mode and it will try to run away on you. Just don’t put it in Eco mode; it deactivates a cylinder.

It’s like a Subaru CUV that’s more fun to drive. If you upgrade to the Badlands Sport, you gain the 2.0L i4 (same as in the Maverick), along with a few other offroad-inclined goodies; but for the price of the Badlands Sport, you could be stepping right into a lower trimmed full sized too.

--

Case in point - my full sized Bronco "only" has the 2.3L i4. It's the same engine as in the Ranger and some Mustang trims. It's based on the same Mazda i4 that Ford got back in the '90's, but it's been tweaked and they've added a turbo and "ecoboost"'ed it.

When it was naturally aspirated, the thing was rated at around 120 hp and was an utter dog of an engine. Now, it's 300+hp, and beats out ~all~ of the original v8's that Ford originally offered with the older Broncos on both hp and torque. And that's the smallest engine offered in the new Bronco lineup.

Last edited:
I have a bronco sport too and for its class its actually pretty good all around.
Peppy enough, and good all arounder.
That said Im seriously considering a big bronco =)

I have a bronco sport too and for its class its actually pretty good all around.
Peppy enough, and good all arounder.
That said Im seriously considering a big bronco =)
Apart from the word Bronco they are entirely different critters

Apart from the word Bronco they are entirely different critters
The Escape and the Bronco Sport are essentially on the same frame and use the same drive train. I tell my customers the Bronco Sport is for those that like the old "boxy" style Escapes (2008-2012). The full size Bronco shares some things with the Ford Ranger, but is essentially its own beast.

The Escape and the Bronco Sport are essentially on the same frame and use the same drive train. I tell my customers the Bronco Sport is for those that like the old "boxy" style Escapes (2008-2012). The full size Bronco shares some things with the Ford Ranger, but is essentially its own beast.
Where do you work? I want to buy a car from someone who knows something.
When I was looking at Broncos recently most of the dealers around here couldn't articulate the differences in the bronco trims at all.
Well other than "This one has big tires" and "This one has different color interior trim".
What are the key differences between the wildtrack and badlands?
"Well the wildtrack is for offroad but the badland is for more rocks." That was the extent of it. No idea at all of the hardware or software differences.
I mean I get it, but I would rather buy something from someone that knows about what they are selling rather than just mediocre at best.

Not to take away a sale, but some basic info:

Sasquatch - can be added to any package: bigger tires, front and rear lockers, lower gearing, better shocks, bigger front axle, and the advanced 4A (“full time”) transfer case. Turns any package into a really nice offroader

All manuals have the 2.3 i4. The 10 speed automatic can come with either the 2.3 or the 2.7 v6.

Big Bend - the basic stuff. Auto or Manual trans. As of 2024 only comes with 2.3 i4. Only difference between this and the old “Base” is the grill, fog lamps and a leather wrapped steering wheel.

Black Diamond - Big Bend with vinyl seats, washout floor, a rear locker and a little bit lower gear. Has HOSS 2 suspension. Auto or Manual trans, and 2.3 i4 or 2.7 v6

Outer Banks - has mid-level trim, can be optioned up. The “pretty” package with bigger rims and a higher gear ratios. Only comes in an Auto trans, with 2.3 or 2.7

Heritage - has signature trim, limited edition. Auto or Manual trans, with 2.3 or 2.7

Without Sasquatch, All of the above trim lines are what they call HOSS 1.0 (High Performance Off Road Suspension System) — basic coil over suspension, standard steering rack, standard “part time” electric transfer case, Dana 35 front axle without front locker.

Badlands - Full off-road, lower gearing, front and rear lockers, beefier suspension, full undercarriage armor, Dana 44 front axle, steel bumpers. Only difference between this and Sasquatch is Sas has a bit bigger tires and a little more lift. Considered “HOSS 2.0”. Auto or manual trans, with 2.3 or 2.7

Wildtrac - All have Sasquatch options, has the Raptor steering rack and almost Raptor suspension. Only comes with an Auto trans. With 2.7. Considered “HOSS 3.0”

Everglades - Badlands without the armor but with Snorkel and higher vent points and factory winch. Only comes in the 4Cyl.

The difference between the part time and full time transfer cases — both have 2H, 4H, 4L, and an electric Neutral for flat tow. 4H/4L are not for dry pavement and will degrade life of the equipment if used where the tires cannot slip easily - so only in bad weather or off road. The full time has a 4A mode - which is essentially AWD and can be used any time, all the time. The full time transfer case also has a lower Low gearing for a bit better crawl ratio.

Where do you work? I want to buy a car from someone who knows something.
When I was looking at Broncos recently most of the dealers around here couldn't articulate the differences in the bronco trims at all.
Well other than "This one has big tires" and "This one has different color interior trim".
What are the key differences between the wildtrack and badlands?
"Well the wildtrack is for offroad but the badland is for more rocks." That was the extent of it. No idea at all of the hardware or software differences.
I mean I get it, but I would rather buy something from someone that knows about what they are selling rather than just mediocre at best.
I work at a dealership in NW PA. @Brian_B summed it up nicely. You'd be surprised how many car salesmen are not really "car guys". They know some of the features, but not many. The Broncos like the Mustangs have so many variations that you need to learn. If you need any help or have any questions just ask. I may not be able to sell you a Bronco, but I'm glad to help out.

Holy carp! An abundance of knowledge =)

Totally gonna steal the 5090 thread but....

Does the 24 Badlands have the same heavy duty steering rack and steering arms that the wildtrack does? I see people saying it does.
Does the wildtrack also have the full time transfer case or just the badlands? I had not read the badlands did.
Will the 25 get the same instrument cluster as the raptor/Chinese stand bronco?
The current one is kid of ugly.
What is the power produced by the inverter for the 12v plug?

How many PCIex5 slots do these suckers have?

Brian - why do you know so much about them?

And thanks to Both of you for the help!

Brian - why do you know so much about them?
I’ve been @ss deep in mine since I bought it last year. As I said, it’s more addicting than PCs. There are a lot of amazing folks over at the Bronco6G forum. It is simultaneously the absolute most fun thing I've driven and has some of the most frustrating design decisions I've ever had to put up with in a vehicle. My only regret is I didn't get one sooner.

fwiw I do feel bad about hijacking this thread now - maybe a mod can split this part out to bring this thread back in or something.

Last edited:
Does the 24 Badlands have the same heavy duty steering rack and steering arms that the wildtrack does? I see people saying it does.
Does the wildtrack also have the full time transfer case or just the badlands? I had not read the badlands did.
Will the 25 get the same instrument cluster as the raptor/Chinese stand bronco?
The current one is kid of ugly.
What is the power produced by the inverter for the 12v plug?

Only Wildtrak gets the HD steering rack, but it can be added to any Bronco after the fact. There has been a lot of confusion about it on Badlands - Ford does not show it as an option on the site, and folks who have got one say it has the upgraded tie rods but haven’t confirmed the rack itself

The full time transfer case is on all Wildtraks and Badlands, all Sasquatch models, and can be optioned on most trim levels outside of Sasquatch

No idea on the ‘25s yet but yes the current instrument cluster is … not amazing. There has been some work to backfit the Raptor full digitial console but it’s expensive and not 100% drop in

Inverter is 400W square wave - again, not amazing.

I don’t think they have any PCI slots but it does have at least 3 different CAN busses

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back