AMD's 2013 vs 2020 Flagship

And both are still worse than their NVIDIA counterparts. :)

I loved my 290x, it was trading blows with the nvidia counterpart and was significantly cheaper. 550 vs the 750 of the 780ti

My MSI Lightning 290X was the first card I ever went all out on. I finally had the funds to buy a decent GPU and wanted the best built one I could find. That card was a monster and last for years. I finally retired it when I got my 2070 but that thing could still handle most games at more than playable frame rates.

My MSI Lightning 290X was the first card I ever went all out on. I finally had the funds to buy a decent GPU and wanted the best built one I could find. That card was a monster and last for years. I finally retired it when I got my 2070 but that thing could still handle most games at more than playable frame rates.
It was similar to me as well, first time I could afford a high end gpu, before that it was budget first, but in 2014 I was after a big contract, so I could go all in, buying two 290x-es. I played Dragon Age Inquisition in 4K without issue.

I clearly remember the 290X becoming my most recommended GPU for its price range after ATI lowered the price and tweaked the driver to give it quite a boost in performance...and I've been an exclusive nVidia user since the TnT2 days.

That 290X was quite the powerhouse of a GPU back then.

I cant lie, I like the look of that old 290x. Shame it sounded so awful lol.

had no idea the 6900xt was such a small card in comparrision to some others

I kinda miss my 6970 - that was a great card and lasted me for a long time. Although I think my current 980 has surpassed it for longevity; that is more out of necessity than desire though.

Become a Patron!
Back