ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 SUPER O8G GAMING Video Card Review

lostin3d

Staff member
Thanks Brent for all the hard work.

Even with the premium price tags these still seem to have a nice value. Good 1440p performance, quiet cooling, good temps, and a taste of RT to boot.

SeymourGore

Slightly less n00b
While the Strix is impressive, what's really impressing me is the quality of the FE cards. I watched a tear down on GamersNexus with one, and it was a lot of glue nastiness holding it together, but for a reference GPU, they perform well.

Whereas on the AMD side, I'd only buy a reference card as a last resort (or in the case of my VII, the only option).

lostin3d

Staff member
While the Strix is impressive, what's really impressing me is the quality of the FE cards. I watched a tear down on GamersNexus with one, and it was a lot of glue nastiness holding it together
Could you post a link for that? Couldn't find it and I'm curious. This would be an unusual turn for the Strix Nvidia cards. I watched their tear down for the Strix 2080TI and Steve even commented on how straightforward that was. It'd be a shame if the NV Strix line is backtracking on their already proven designs.

SeymourGore

Slightly less n00b
Could you post a link for that? Couldn't find it and I'm curious. This would be an unusual turn for the Strix Nvidia cards. I watched their tear down for the Strix 2080TI and Steve even commented on how straightforward that was. It'd be a shame if the NV Strix line is backtracking on their already proven designs.
Ah sorry, my sentence structure was confusing. I was referring to the FE being glued together, not the Strix.