ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 SUPER O8G GAMING Video Card Review

Thanks Brent for all the hard work.

Even with the premium price tags these still seem to have a nice value. Good 1440p performance, quiet cooling, good temps, and a taste of RT to boot.

While the Strix is impressive, what's really impressing me is the quality of the FE cards. I watched a tear down on GamersNexus with one, and it was a lot of glue nastiness holding it together, but for a reference GPU, they perform well.

Whereas on the AMD side, I'd only buy a reference card as a last resort (or in the case of my VII, the only option).

While the Strix is impressive, what's really impressing me is the quality of the FE cards. I watched a tear down on GamersNexus with one, and it was a lot of glue nastiness holding it together
Could you post a link for that? Couldn't find it and I'm curious. This would be an unusual turn for the Strix Nvidia cards. I watched their tear down for the Strix 2080TI and Steve even commented on how straightforward that was. It'd be a shame if the NV Strix line is backtracking on their already proven designs.

Could you post a link for that? Couldn't find it and I'm curious. This would be an unusual turn for the Strix Nvidia cards. I watched their tear down for the Strix 2080TI and Steve even commented on how straightforward that was. It'd be a shame if the NV Strix line is backtracking on their already proven designs.

Ah sorry, my sentence structure was confusing. I was referring to the FE being glued together, not the Strix.

Become a Patron!
Back