CES to End a Day Earlier Due to COVID-19

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...use-side-effects-years-after-approval-n757526

Of the 222 drugs approved by the FDA from 2001 through 2010, nearly 1/3 (33%) of them ended up with unexpected, sometimes life-threatening side effects or complications.

Including serious skin reactions, liver damage, cancer and even death.

Most of those side effects were not seen during the initial review process.

However, keep in mind that even though they were later discovered it was still considered a "success".

I love how you call out the polio vaccine. A mandatory program that eradicated for the most part polio in the United States.

Typical drug trials will be stopped and re-evaluated after 4 deaths, and completely halted after 10.

Pfizer has admitted that their "vaccine" is responsible for 1200 deaths in the first 3 months of use. Australia is trying to come up with a program to compensate the 67,000 people who succumbed to life altering adverse reactions to the vaccine, and over 30,000 deaths.

You want to be a guinea pig? Go for it. Hopefully you don't become one of their statistics.

So, getting this back on topic, this isn't that big of a deal to end the show early. When I was out there two years ago, many booths were packing up on day 2 or 3 and the place was a ghost town by day 4. Keep in mind that media day(s) start before the actual show - so media are there 2 days before the start and stick around for maybe 2 days of the show.

Given that, I think it's more trying to prevent pictures of empty exhibit halls from the last day from circulating and being able to declare victory for a different reason...

So, getting this back on topic, this isn't that big of a deal to end the show early. When I was out there two years ago, many booths were packing up on day 2 or 3 and the place was a ghost town by day 4. Keep in mind that media day(s) start before the actual show - so media are there 2 days before the start and stick around for maybe 2 days of the show.

Given that, I think it's more trying to prevent pictures of empty exhibit halls from the last day from circulating and being able to declare victory for a different reason...

That's a good point. While I'd love to go down the misinformation rabbit hole... I'll leave that for a more appropriate forum. You're probably right here that and cutting cost for 1 day of event (cleanup) might be more appealing then keeping it officially open for a day nobody is there.

I'm looking forward to AMD's release of ZEN info for the future... That's about it. PCIe Gen 5 SSDs and 8K displays don't excite me currently..

I'm looking forward to AMD's release of ZEN info for the future... That's about it. PCIe Gen 5 SSDs and 8K displays don't excite me currently..
I'm in the same boat. Really feeling the hype of the 6000 series Apu's.

Everything else, meh.

We just need to drop the COVID crap! It's the biggest excuse now for the worst customer service. As an example, having your paid hotel room cleaned only once after you stay for 7 days. Meaning no service for you if you stay for say 4 days. It's insane. Me and wife got Moderna and the booster. We've done all that we can. We'll wear masks when required and take any precautions that may be mandated. But if we're vaccinated and shed it to someone that is not, it's on them now. There's been more than enough vaccine and opportunity for anyone that needs one to get one. We need to get back to some 'normalcy' and stop using OMG COVID as an excuse. Additionally, it's a highly survivable virus. "We're closing a day early because of COVID" is ridiculous. /RANT

Become a Patron!
Back