Copilot+ PCs Dead on Arrival as Microsoft and Qualcomm Step Back on Its Branding for the Latest Round of Surface Devices

Peter_Brosdahl

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
11,147
Reaction score
7,921
It’s been two years since Microsoft introduced its Copilot+ branding, which defined the AI capabilities of its latest Surface and Surface Pro devices, but now it seems that marketing decision has changed direction. Windows Central Insider attended Qualcomm’s Snapdragon event in Hawaii, where Microsoft debuted its latest lineup of Surface products. While there, it was […]

See full article...
 
Good. Tired of heavy use of "AI" this-and-that in branding. "Ryzen AI" and "Copilot" and all the other bullsh1t. For someone like me, it's reverse advertising. Instead of trying to get me to purchase it, it makes me feel like NOT buying it, and staying as far away from it as possible.
 
Good. Tired of heavy use of "AI" this-and-that in branding. "Ryzen AI" and "Copilot" and all the other bullsh1t. For someone like me, it's reverse advertising. Instead of trying to get me to purchase it, it makes me feel like NOT buying it, and staying as far away from it as possible.
I am still as of yet to find a single product that uses NPU's for any measurable ANY **** THING. GPU's even integrated... yep. But stand alone NPU cores capable of 40+ teraflops... in my experience. 100% marketing GIMMIC.
 
But stand alone NPU cores capable of 40+ teraflops... in my experience. 100% marketing GIMMIC.
They are supposed to help with battery life when using Teams or Zoom, particularly on Snapdragon laptops. Don't know what the gains are since I don't think anyone has tested that feature properly. Then again, I didn't go and read every in-depth Snapdragon laptop review either.
 
I got one of the early 155H intel CPU's that has two NPU cores and I've watched for it doing any **** thing.... nope.
 
I got one of the early 155H intel CPU's that has two NPU cores and I've watched for it doing any **** thing.... nope.


 


Yea those are cool. I don't know I guess I expected more native apps that would flex the NPU cores. Maybe now is better? Who knows. I haven't booted that laptop in months... I probably have a backlog of updates I need to do to it anyway.
 
You should AI that

it's a verb now?
Don't know what to get your wife for her birthday? You should AI that.

Having trouble performing a tricky maneuver for bedroom spicy time? You should AI that.

Your coworker is having a stroke/heart attack right in front of you?! You should AI that!

There's a strange discharge coming from your intestinal exit, and you want to know wassup? You should AI that.

Oh crap, you're stuck in an elevator with a woman who is about to give birth? You should definitely AI that!
 
Don't know what to get your wife for her birthday? You should AI that.

Having trouble performing a tricky maneuver for bedroom spicy time? You should AI that.

Your coworker is having a stroke/heart attack right in front of you?! You should AI that!

There's a strange discharge coming from your intestinal exit, and you want to know wassup? You should AI that.

Oh crap, you're stuck in an elevator with a woman who is about to give birth? You should definitely AI that!
You have to write an essay.. AI that...

You have to do an online test: AI that

and on and on... until..

Internet is down, you can't access an AI... now figure out how to do something on your own.. Oh wait... you died because you were dependent on AI.

AI working to overthrow the world and kill off all sapient races... AI that.
 
Become a Patron!
Back
Top