David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
A few months back, we reported the launch of Lian Li’s DK-05F desk, an upgraded version of the DK-05. The Lian Li DK-05F Computer Desk is a unique beast of computer case built into an actual desk. We couldn’t resist ordering one once they became available and after a long wait (including a few week stop in Philly due to being put on the wrong truck in Los Angeles), it finally arrived.

For $2000, this is the ultimate desk workstation. We put together a custom build with this desk computer chassis for an ultimate high-end double computer build. In the video, we will show you the build process, our component choices, installation for one of the sides and in Part 2 we will show you the build process, component choices of the second side as well as it...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

THUMPer

Slightly less n00b
****. Just the fan cables alone make me anxious. Nice case though. Complete overkill, but who cares?

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Very cool! Can't wait for the next part. That thing looked huge on the pallet.

northrop

Sort-of-Regular
Awesome.

And speaking of Lian Li.. did anyone else catch their Digital Expo?

I've been in the market for a new case for some time now, and was >< this close on pulling the trigger on their 011 not long ago, but the new Lancool 2 mesh is looking really nice... and their new daisy chain fans they previewed in the past are finally coming out, so that's exciting.

DWolvin

n00b
That a nice case, but I'd rather the mesh had a removable filter. The Galahad looks nice also.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
They have one at Microcenter with dual custom loop cooled machines in them. One AMD, and One Intel. I'd love to do this myself. I think I could easily top all the ones I've seen so far.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
For real!
I have wanted to do this for a while but the budget will not allow.
Mine either. I've had to pay for home repairs, car stuff etc. I haven't had much in the budget for something like that. Although, I do have most of the hardware aside from the desk itself and a couple odds and end for a cooling loop.

Eduardo_Domingot

{NG}Fidel
Staff member
Mine either. I've had to pay for home repairs, car stuff etc. I haven't had much in the budget for something like that. Although, I do have most of the hardware aside from the desk itself and a couple odds and end for a cooling loop.
Its the loop HW I do not have. I have almost everything else I would need minus that a reasonable case and a spare GPU.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
Its the loop HW I do not have. I have almost everything else I would need minus that a reasonable case and a spare GPU.
I'd have to buy more stuff, but the desk is the biggest problem for me.

Become a Patron!