Cyberpunk 2077 Could Provide Nearly 180 Hours of Gameplay for Completionists

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
cyberpunk-2077-dual-blades-1024x576.jpg
Image: CD PROJEKT RED

CD PROJEKT RED has already teased that Cyberpunk 2077 will be a massive game, but the sci-fi action RPG may be bigger than anyone could have imagined.

Lukasz Babiel, the developer’s lead QA tester, revealed that he has already spent 175 hours on the title in a single playthrough. That level of playtime is impressive in itself, but what’s even more astounding is that he’s still not finished exploring Night City.

“[…] that’s just one of my ongoing slow paced playthroughs on the hardest difficulty where I play more stealthy than usual, loot everything, use every feature the game has to offer, I take my time,” Babiel clarified.

While speed runners and other...

Continue reading...

That's a big tick in the + column for me.

Ditto. it is certainly promising.

I'm not an ultra completionist, but I feel like I am more anal about getting to all the side missions and exploring than the average player, so I should get plenty of playtime out of this.

That said, getting playtime out of it is only half the equation. That playtime also has to keep being interesting. That is much more difficult to accomplish.

I know people generally hold Fallout New Vegas in pretty high regard, but for me, by about hour 65 or so I was really starting to get tired of being everyone's favorite desert errand boy. It just felt repetitive and like a slog.

Fallout IV - which many people found less entertaining, I actually got 125+ hours out of before I decided to move on, and I still could have continued with the base building aspect of it if I had been bored or not had other titles to move on to. I wasn't entirely done yet.

In each of the The Deus Ex reboot titles, I got about 45 hours, and at the end I was disappointed, because it left me wanting more.

So it is very different from title to title.

Hours are good but they better not make it repetitive drivel. I am not trying to slam this negatively its just too often I see the hours touted without a mention of what those hours of extra content compromise.

Hours are good but they better not make it repetitive drivel. I am not trying to slam this negatively its just too often I see the hours touted without a mention of what those hours of extra content compromise.
The worst games for me for repetiveness were the Dead Space games. Loved all three but the formula got old quick and because of that and I just can't get myself to go back and replay again because of it. It's a shame because I really dig the story-lines. You pretty much new every time you passed a door or section that was locked it was going to make back track there again at a later point in the game. First few times, not so bad, after two to three dozen times, it got pretty old. Not hardcore into grinding either. Quality content that draws you in is where it's at for me.

Quoting QA's time to complete the game can be misleading to say the least. Dude gets paid to explore every nook and cranny in the game from every angle. Having said that, it's good to know there's some side content to explore. Not to mention last month's news about the main story being shorter than the W3's... and I think one of their reps said in the interview that you can complete the game without actually completing the main story line. I dunno... seems like there's a lot we just don't know about, but since the game is so hyped up, it feels like any time a CDPR dev farts it makes headlines.

Side missions will always be... take x to y, kill or eliminate person x, or go get B and bring to C for a message to D to get X better reward. It's near impossible to iterate beyond that really with hundreds of hours of unique missions without repetitive elements.

If they put in the amount of love and attention they did to The Witcher 3 I think we have nothing to worry about.

Side missions will always be... take x to y, kill or eliminate person x, or go get B and bring to C for a message to D to get X better reward. It's near impossible to iterate beyond that really with hundreds of hours of unique missions without repetitive elements.
Too true but with W3 they did manage to have a few that contributed to various aspects of the story. It was also interesting how NPC dialogs actually changed in various places as those missions were completed. Minor things but noticeable.

I put well over 200 hours into Witcher 3 by the time I had finished the game and both expansions (over a period of 2 or 3 years), so I expected CP2077 to be a pretty long game out the gate. CDPR usually does a good job providing meaningful content during all those hours as well, so hopefully the same rings true with their new game. They tend to deliver value for the dollar, even at launch prices.
As long as it's not 100 hours of gwent, ooh I hated that crap
I totally admit it. I use the console codes to burn through gwent. Just not worth my time to dig into it with so many other things to do.
I didn't touch any of the Gwent sh1t in that game. I tried it a few times early on, and didn't bother with it again.

I am unfamiliar with Gwent, but I imagine its a bit like Poker in Far Cry 3.

Become a Patron!
Back