Danny Elfman: The Simpsons Is Probably Getting Canceled Soon

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Simpsons has managed to stay on the air for more than 30 years, but Bart, Homer, Lisa, Marge, and the rest of the Springfield gang may have finally lost their entertainment value. According to legendary film composer Danny Elfman (Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Spider-Man), the iconic cartoon series is "coming to an end" soon. "I don't know for a fact, but I've heard that it will be in its last year."

"All I can say is that I'm so flabbergasted and amazed that it has lasted as long as it did. So, you have to realise, when I scored The Simpsons, I wrote this crazy piece of music, and I expected no-one would hear it, because I really did not think the show had a chance in hell.

I don't know...at this point, it seems like one of those series that they will perpetuate because it's just...there...forever...

Stopped watching decades ago but somehow still happy when I catch one live that's interesting. Simpson fishing a thing?

Gonna be weird not having it on the air anymore, but I'm surprised it lasted this long. I haven't watched it in years though. Kinda sorta felt like it was one of those things that was always going to be around.

Nah, they'll do something else with it... Too valuable.

I don't know... let it sit for 5-10 years, it's only available on their new streaming platform, and nostalgia starts to set in. Then you get to spin it back up, pick all that merchandising back up, and throw a few retro movies out there for easy $$$.

Stopped watching a long time ago. Hard to believe it's been around this long. Used to like watching the Halloween specials, but they were getting worse as time went on.

Haven't watched an episode for years (probably a decade or two, actually, Hartman's character was still making appearances). Growing up, Sundays were all about the new Simpsons episode for me (the Halloween specials being especially hyped.)

I'm sure they will try to spinoff the show somehow. I can imagine a Flintstone-style "future" spinoff, where the kids are all grown up, and all the other characters have aged accordingly. Probably last a season.

It more than ran it's course. I can't see how anyone would feel bad about letting it wind down at this point.

Yeah on the whole I'd have to agree. This show has lasted so long, there's basically eons of content. I've probably seen less than half of it, if that.

Become a Patron!
Back