Dave Filoni Has Been Named Chief Creative Officer of Lucasfilm Following Previous Promotion as Its Executive Vice President

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Dave Filoni has been named Lucasfilm's Chief Creative Officer, giving him a greater amount of control over current and upcoming Star Wars projects. Filoni was previously promoted to Lucafilm's Executive Vice President and will hold both titles. The announcement was made during an interview with Vanity Fair in which he shared that he'll not only have input when projects begin, up to now he's sometimes only been pulled in after they've already been in development, but also working more closely with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and Head of Development Carrie Beck. Both of whom he worked with on the Ahsoka series which recently finished its first season on Disney+.

See full article...

Won't matter as long as the Kennedy is in charge. She'll still take any creative idea Filoni has and crapping all over it by cramming her woke garbage into it.

Won't matter as long as the Kennedy is in charge. She'll still take any creative idea Filoni has and crapping all over it by cramming her woke garbage into it.
Woke is so overused, that it has become meaningless. I don't think Star Wars is pushing any particular agenda. It's not bad because there are women in it, If all the characters were replaced with men, it would be just as bad. It is bad because it is made by incompetent lazy immature narcissists.

Incompetent as in unable to tell any meaningful story in one of the biggest fictional universes out there, that is ripe with opportunity. They keep circling back to desert planet and lightsabers. That's all they associate star wars with.

Lazy as in refusing to use the already available extended universe, and failing even to adhere to movie canon. They never do their homework.

Immature as in when their thing is inevitably met with boos, they'll attack the critics like spoiled brats nobody said no to yet.

Narcissistic as in wanting to destroy or change everything that was made before them, place their own skidmarks on every facet of it.

I don't think Star Wars is pushing any particular agenda. It's not bad because there are women in it

"The Force is Female" mantra from Kennedy et. al. say otherwise. I mean, yes if you just flipped the sexes back to male (mary sue would become a gary stu) it would still be bad but it clearly is an agenda to push women into every leading role.

"The Force is Female" mantra from Kennedy et. al. say otherwise. I mean, yes if you just flipped the sexes back to male (mary sue would become a gary stu) it would still be bad but it clearly is an agenda to push women into every leading role.
Forgot another required detail, female among a smorgasbord of useless men.

Honestly I don't think anyone begrudged " strong female " characters... its the ham-fistedness of the whole thing, as well as the zero-sum aspect bumbling idiot vs perfect so on.

I would hope they save their money for something else. Let others do better sci-fi. SW has been murdered.
The concentrated garbage juice that is ALL of Disney Starwars, as well as the less strong, more diluted garbage juice that is star trek, i think it is putting sci fiction in general at risk of being leftout of significant investment in the long term future. Yeah, there will always be something, but if the brown smear continues I expect a disappearance of sci-fi of significant budget to be gone for a good 2 decades.

ST new worlds is mostly decent, Picard got better, discovery, meh. SW, mandalorian first season, fine, then I don't even know. Tbh, with all of It I find myself being more generous about the quality, mostly for nostalgia, mostly for wishing for good SciFi, since it can be my favorite genre. Looking back, I may have been too generous fooled myself.

That's exactly what it is an empty mantra, platitude. The force was female long before Kennedy. There were plenty of interesting and powerful female jedi and sith in the EU. The same EU that Kennedy decanonized. Although I cringe when I say that, I don't think she has the power to do that. To me the EU is canon, disney star wars isn't.

OH MY GOD HOW DARE THEY DOWN WITH DISNEY...

Come on guys... All of us need to be a bit more accepting of the times. And they need to get with it too.

there are GOOD even GREAT girl power movies. Atomic Blonde anyone? Salt? And many others.

Then there are sexploitation movies... the candy one about the merc that tried to feel like a bubble gum john Wick.

OH MY GOD HOW DARE THEY DOWN WITH DISNEY...

Come on guys... All of us need to be a bit more accepting of the times. And they need to get with it too.

there are GOOD even GREAT girl power movies. Atomic Blonde anyone? Salt? And many others.
What times? Girl power movies existed before. This is the exact problem with the "times". That they want to erase everything that came before and claim they did it first. It's so disrespectful to the actual pioneers.

And Disney Star Wars aren't even a mediocre girlpower movies, except for Rogue One.

The difference between good GP movies and modern junk is that the former presented women who actually earned their power and not stole it from a man, or got granted it by being a Mary Sue. Or worse be incompetent and still be presented as the bestest ever. Like Holdo, or Sabine or even Ashoka from the series.

Last edited:
What times? Girl power movies existed before. This is the exact problem with the "times". That they want to erase everything that came before and claim they did it first. It's so disrespectful to the actual pioneers.

And Disney Star Wars aren't even a mediocre girlpower movies, except for Rogue One.

The difference between good GP movies and modern junk is that the former presented women who actually earned their power and not stole it from a man, or got granted it by being a Mary Sue. Or worse be incompetent and still be presented as the bestest ever. Like Holdo, or Sabine or even Ashoka from the series.
Dude... Movies need to be made for younger girls as well. And their parents and such. Wife and I went to see the Marvels. We hope our Grand daughter gets to see that movie too. It's a fun movie if you can handle the lack of sexual innuendo or situations and just take it for what it is intended to be.

But no it is the great failure in so many peoples eyes because it doesn't cater to what THEY want from a movie. Honestly I never had an issue with any of the new star wars movies.. I enjoyed them. Yea some stuff was mary sue but have you SEEN superman? ;)

It's made to give girls the power fantasy imagination break that guys have gotten for decades in enertainment.

I know I know... Let them go get that from their princess pony and barbie crap? Maybe from GI Joe where the only womenn in that movie are there as sex symbols for guys to fawn over.

Can they have MORE realistic women being action adventure stars. CERTAINLY. But does it make the movie crap because guys can't wank it to the starlet. (I mean some can I'm sure.)

I'm just so tired of every movie that doesn't cater to what specific people want suddenly is the second coming of the antichrist.

If it helps you just pretend it's a guy that can do everything well. I'll bet you'll like it then and give the wooden acting a break. (Yes yes I know you would NEVER do that... because reasons. )

To use a famous quote from a bad Disney movie: "Amazing, everything of what you just said was wrong."
Dude... Movies need to be made for younger girls as well. And their parents and such. Wife and I went to see the Marvels. We hope our Grand daughter gets to see that movie too. It's a fun movie if you can handle the lack of sexual innuendo or situations and just take it for what it is intended to be.

But no it is the great failure in so many peoples eyes because it doesn't cater to what THEY want from a movie. Honestly I never had an issue with any of the new star wars movies.. I enjoyed them. Yea some stuff was mary sue but have you SEEN superman? ;)

A girl power movie doesn't have to be badly written to cater to young girls. This is what I just said the other day, what everybody misunderstood as me dissing girls for liking a badly written movie. When I was 12-14 I didn't care about the writing quality either, even if it was good it went above my head. The differences only became apparent when I was re-watching those same movies as an adult. The good ones I could enjoy even more having finally fully understood the story. The bad ones made me think: "WTF did I like, about this"?

Marvels is a failure because nobody, not even girls or their parents was interested to see it. You think a few people on the internet have the influence to tank a movie? Well, I know that's what Disney wants you to believe, scapegoats and such.

As for Superman I have only seen it as a kid, and didn't particularly like it even then. Re-watching it would probably make it even worse.
It's made to give girls the power fantasy imagination break that guys have gotten for decades in enertainment.
It's not about whether the protagonist is male or female. I equally dislike bad male power fantasy movies, if not more. Why do you automatically assume that a girl power fantasy has to be a swiss cheese of plotholes, inconsistent characters and impotent villains? I detect the good old bigotry of low expectations here.
I know I know... Let them go get that from their princess pony and barbie crap? Maybe from GI Joe where the only womenn in that movie are there as sex symbols for guys to fawn over.
Princess pony would still probably be better than disney star wars. Gi Joe was a crap movie also as far as I can even remember it.
Can they have MORE realistic women being action adventure stars. CERTAINLY. But does it make the movie crap because guys can't wank it to the starlet. (I mean some can I'm sure.)
That's the usual talking point isn't it? That all you want is to wank to it. We are in the era of the internet, you think anyone needs videogames or movies for that anymore? It was always the cry of people who ran out of arguments or simply wanted to insult someone for kicks.
I'm just so tired of every movie that doesn't cater to what specific people want suddenly is the second coming of the antichrist.
I'm tired of everything that is bad being labelled woke, but that doesn't make the actual bad movies any better.
If it helps you just pretend it's a guy that can do everything well. I'll bet you'll like it then and give the wooden acting a break. (Yes yes I know you would NEVER do that... because reasons. )
Do you even read, bro? As if I didn't just write that a bad movie would be equally as bad if we replaced all the women in it with men, lol.
It's not bad because there are women in it, If all the characters were replaced with men, it would be just as bad. It is bad because it is made by incompetent lazy immature narcissists.

Do you even read, bro? As if I didn't just write that a bad movie would be equally as bad if we replaced all the women in it with men, lol.
Just wanted to say the first part of my post was indeed talking to you directly... then somewhere in there just went to all the mandofiles out there who can't stand entertainment not targeted to them.

But as you stated about mid way through your responses. You get it.. these are not made for you.

And on some stuff we totally agree. If the movies were directed better... didn't rely on schtick so much they could be a lot better and see more made and funded as serious movies.

Become a Patron!
Back