GTA: The Trilogy’s Metacritic Score Falls to 0.6, Players Demand Refunds for “Sad and Pathetic Cash Grab”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gta-vice-city-definitive-edition-screenshot-tommy-on-phone-1024x576.jpg
Image: Rockstar Games

The reputation of Rockstar Games appears to have taken a permanent hit among PC gamers due to the botched release of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition. From a broken launcher that prevented anyone from playing the game to graphical bugs and aggressive DRM, players have been given all sorts of justification for review bombing the collection, which now sits with a measly score of just 0.6 on Metacritic. The ports have been described as “horrible” and being regarded by many who are demanding refunds as this year’s Cyberpunk 2077...

Continue reading...

All remasters are stupid and it is more likely a bored dev's weekend project that turns into a super cash grab for the crooks, so, for me, it's hard to stand with gamers that buy into these shenanigans and I feel like that got exactly what they deserve for supporting this BS.

Remake or NOTHING!

Don't worry - Metacritic will hide the user review score soon. Problem solved!

I think paying attention to who does well and turns this **** around is important. Rockstar could learn and give a better experience to customers still. Will be interesting to see how they react.

Only people that should buy a remaster its the ones that haven't played in the first go.

If the game is literally a broken, unplayable mess then giving it a 0 is not a review bomb, it is a legitimate evaluation.

I'm surprised it's going as badly as it is honestly. It's not like Rockstar doesn't have the resources to make this go smoothly. It's like they just handed the project to an intern and let them do whatever for 3-4 months.

I'm surprised it's going as badly as it is honestly. It's not like Rockstar doesn't have the resources to make this go smoothly. It's like they just handed the project to an intern and let them do whatever for 3-4 months.
That's exactly what they did, handed it to some unproven company where it seems the hiring metric is not competence.

Although I might give the Crysis ones still a go.
I felt the first one has come a long way and they put that missing level back in. The 2nd game has been pretty incredible which is surprising since it used to be my least favorite. The third looks and plays great but it mostly always has so it's difficult to notice the improvements.

Become a Patron!
Back