HDMI 2.1 Receivers Can’t Pass 4K/120 Hz Content from NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs and Xbox Series X Due to Major Chipset Bug

Yep. DItto on both. Game mode enabled as well. I think there's probably something wrong with the port. There's 4 ports, 1 for ARC that I'm using with our reciever(sends Atmos no problem BTW). 3 are on the side and one behind. The one behind is the only one I haven't tried since I have our cable box plugged into it. I might end up using that one for a Shield or PC and swapping the cable box to the receiver. Probably won't do it until next weekend because I want to have some quality time with CB2077 this weekend instead of troubleshooting.

Hey Peter.... try a new HDMI cord as well? I was getting a lot of random 4K weirdness on my new TV until I changed the HDMI cord from AVR to the TV with a new high speed one. I really wish they would label those hdmi cords with version #s.

I thought I was going to have to change a bunch of cables out from devices to the AVR, some of them are ancient. But so far only the one.

Of course I don't have anything 4k/120 to test, but it's passing 4k/60 now and it wouldn't before.

Hey Peter.... try a new HDMI cord as well? I was getting a lot of random 4K weirdness on my new TV until I changed the HDMI cord from AVR to the TV with a new high speed one. I really wish they would label those hdmi cords with version #s.

I thought I was going to have to change a bunch of cables out from devices to the AVR, some of them are ancient. But so far only the one.

Of course I don't have anything 4k/120 to test, but it's passing 4k/60 now and it wouldn't before.
HDMI doesn't want to label them with version numbers to avoid the confusion that the cable only works with certain devices when technically it will work with all versions. However, that means needing to go to their website to read about the different labeling to know what you're buying. In this case, Ultra High Speed cables are what is needed.

Yeah, I tried 4 different ones ranging from standard 2.0 to some that I got that were rated 48 Gbps to actual one claiming to be HDMI 2.1. Ironically all four worked on the other port. All the more reason I'm believing its the port. Something else I forgot to mention is that the LGs have limited diagnostic and when I ran it, on the question port it said HDMI -NG check/replace cables. Meanwhile, when I switched over to the other one they all tested o.k. To me it sounds like they have some pins/solder points with some issues. It has enough redundancy to compensate for lower bandwidth needs but under full load there's just not enough uncorrupted signal. That's my guess.

HDMI doesn't want to label them with version numbers to avoid the confusion that the cable only works with certain devices when technically it will work with all versions. However, that means needing to go to their website to read about the different labeling to know what you're buying. In this case, Ultra High Speed cables are what is needed.
Yep! I remember when that all came about right after 1.4

Yeah, I tried 4 different ones ranging from standard 2.0 to some that I got that were rated 48 Gbps to actual one claiming to be HDMI 2.1. Ironically all four worked on the other port. All the more reason I'm believing its the port. Something else I forgot to mention is that the LGs have limited diagnostic and when I ran it, on the question port it said HDMI -NG check/replace cables. Meanwhile, when I switched over to the other one they all tested o.k. To me it sounds like they have some pins/solder points with some issues. It has enough redundancy to compensate for lower bandwidth needs but under full load there's just not enough uncorrupted signal. That's my guess.

Ya ok sounds like something funky with the port, I agree

I was very close to buying a new Denon AVR so my Dad could have my 4400X, but at the last moment backed out because it only has single HDMI 2.1 input/output.
So glad I dodged that bullet!

Become a Patron!
Back