Hitman 3 Is a 12-Month Epic Games Store Exclusive

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
hitman-3-agent-47-dartmoor-tweed-hat-1024x576.jpg
Image: IO Interactive

IO Interactive has revealed that Hitman 3’s PC version will be available exclusively on the Epic Games Store when it launches in January 2021. If you want the game on Steam (where it’ll include perks such as achievements and trading cards), you’ll have to wait an entire year.

As you might have expected, IO Interactive went with Epic because money makes life a lot easier. “As an independent studio, our partnership with Epic has given us the freedom to create HITMAN 3 exactly as we imagined and self-publish the game to our players directly,” IO explained. “It’s also important to us that we honour the time our existing PC players have spent in our previous games.”

The good news (aside from the fact that Hitman 3 should be pretty awesome regardless of what platform it’s on) is that Hitman 2...

Continue reading...

I know a lot of folks are upset with Epic Games for having a launcher but I've never been clear on why it's worse than....

Steam...
Xbox Gamepass,
Origin
Uplay
GOG <-- Actually no GOG rocks but that's because I like the company behind it and they are so open.

Uhh... Oh yea Activision/Blizzard.

I'm missing some others aren't I. Does Bethesda have their own yet?

I know a lot of folks are upset with Epic Games for having a launcher but I've never been clear on why it's worse than....

Steam...
Xbox Gamepass,
Origin
Uplay
GOG <-- Actually no GOG rocks but that's because I like the company behind it and they are so open.

Uhh... Oh yea Activision/Blizzard.

I'm missing some others aren't I. Does Bethesda have their own yet?
Nobody is upset with Epic having their own store and launcher.

Does anyone actually like these Hitman games? I have tried to get into a couple and just not my cup of tea. Too much effort to make a kill I guess. Anything harder than say Splinter Cell (in regards to stealth type games) and I'm out. Sometimes I just prefer to kill every MF in the room with my AK47.

1597960575914.png

On a side note I find that meme odd since that line is from Jackie Brown and the pic is from PF. But I digress

Does anyone actually like these Hitman games? I have tried to get into a couple and just not my cup of tea. Too much effort to make a kill I guess. Anything harder than say Splinter Cell (in regards to stealth type games) and I'm out. Sometimes I just prefer to kill every MF in the room with my AK47.

View attachment 364

On a side note I find that meme odd since that line is from Jackie Brown and the pic is from PF. But I digress
I do like these games but I also miss the OG Splinter Cell and its inital sequal.

Can't tell if you are trolling, or just been completely out of the loop for the past 18 months.

Can't tell if you are trolling, or just been completely out of the loop for the past 18 months.

Well it doesn't belong in this thread. But I was skipped in the haterade for Epic Games and their launcher. Can someone remind me why they are evil incarnate? I don't recall.

Thank you!

When EGS first came out it tracked a lot of stuff on your computer. It may still just more covertly.

that, combined with the fact that Tencent is a large, Chinese-based stakeholder, got a lot of people spooked.

That, and the storefront itself is pretty bare bones and lacks a lot of features that are common in other storefronts.

Well it doesn't belong in this thread. But I was skipped in the haterade for Epic Games and their launcher. Can someone remind me why they are evil incarnate? I don't recall.

Thank you!
It has nothing to do with having a separate launcher. It's annoying that every big publisher has their own launcher, but it's fair for their first party titles if they don't want to put them on steam and share profits with a middle man.

The problem with epic, at least the thing I take issue with is that they bribe 3rd party developers to sell their games on their storefront and nowhere else. While not being the least bit concerned how this affects the paying customer or the number of people games reach. They also promised they'll stop this practice once they gained a foothold on the market. Yet as we see it the practice is still ongoing.

I think their behavior is contemptible, hypocritical and unethical. So I simply refuse to do business with them.

It has nothing to do with having a separate launcher. It's annoying that every big publisher has their own launcher, but it's fair for their first party titles if they don't want to put them on steam and share profits with a middle man.

The problem with epic, at least the thing I take issue with is that they bribe 3rd party developers to sell their games on their storefront and nowhere else. While not being the least bit concerned how this affects the paying customer or the number of people games reach. They also promised they'll stop this practice once they gained a foothold on the market. Yet as we see it the practice is still ongoing.

I think their behavior is contemptible, hypocritical and unethical. So I simply refuse to do business with them.

Ok so it's the behavior of the company. Personally beyond the data collection bit that is a real concern... the rest of it I don't really care about. And the whole deal with tencent kind of boils down to how and what we choose to give away access to.

Data privacy rights need a rework in the US and abroad I'd imagine. If a company is going to try getting information from you it should be out front, fully disclosed, and not buried through 13 nested links into a settings area that only partially works if you stick your tongue out to the left and blink twice.

I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't mind the EGS.
People often say vote with your wallet, that's all I'm doing by not doing business with EGS. Yet I feel a lot of rolling eyes, like somehow I'm the ahole for rejecting them out of principle.

I'm not knocking anyone for not liking EGS.

Personally I don't have a problem with it.

In the end, we the consumer are the ones who will benefit from a real steam competitor.

How have we as consumers benefited from EGS since it launched? We would benefit if they actually competed for the good graces of the consumer. As any honest business ought to. But they said bollocks to that, we win over the publishers so the consumer has no choice.

I've received many free games on EGS I wouldn't have otherwise.
Which is ironic considering how many publishers and developers complain about "devaluing" their product and now this model has bred a consumer base that now expects games to be free, even newly released ones. The recent release of Total War being free for the first 24 hours is going to make it worse.

Huh?

Who's forcing the developers to put their games on EGS and then Epic telling them they have to give the game away free???

Become a Patron!
Back