Horizon Forbidden West Reveals PC Specs and Customization Options, including FoV Slider

I got an email from Steam saying the game had been released, I was like "oh wow, so it's finally out now huh?" Of course I will be waiting for a good-@ss sale, since the game has been as low as $30 on PS5, if I recall correctly. But glad to see another Sony-exclusive release end up on PC.

Related article: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...hands-on-with-the-eagerly-anticipated-pc-port
Related article: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...lot-like-guerrillas-choices-for-playstation-5

I pretty much agree. While I have seen some impressive results with GTA V I didn't notice that much of an improvement with this game vs what I've seen on my 4090 rig when using anisotropic x16 combined with DLAA at 4K.

Still enjoying the game and still just flab ergasted by how fast the load times are. My expectation of load time when doing fast travel as an example is constantly blown. I'll start a fast travel go to set down my controller and the button to continue is already there.

And that's a problem.

Any other game is going to feel sluggish in comparison unless it has a solid implementation of direct storage. This really is now a feature I want in PC games. I didn't think I would care.. but I'm spoiled now. ;)

Still enjoying the game and still just flab ergasted by how fast the load times are. My expectation of load time when doing fast travel as an example is constantly blown. I'll start a fast travel go to set down my controller and the button to continue is already there.

And that's a problem.

Any other game is going to feel sluggish in comparison unless it has a solid implementation of direct storage. This really is now a feature I want in PC games. I didn't think I would care.. but I'm spoiled now. ;)
This is what happened to me with R&C: Rift Apart. It almost felt like being back in the days of cartridge consoles with basically instantaneous loading. This game already made a believer outta me when it comes to DirectStorage. Can't wait to see how HFW uses it.

And this isn't even ideal conditions (Win10, PCIe 3.0 SSD, super-old CPU, PC coulda used a restart, etc)

Same here. It's been pretty awesome with it. I spent around 6 hours playing it last weekend and just got to the point where you leave the Barrens before I decided to stop for the weekend. I swear that I can imagine Ron Perlman playing Eran. That scene where he's laid up and drunk at the gates is totally a RP moment.

Become a Patron!
Back