LG 2024 OLED TVs Will Support Refresh Rates of Up to 144 Hz

I'm pretty sure the C is a EVO edition as well... but that could be me mis reading.

Can you overclock and bios hack a TV? Well I assume yes, but how easily I wonder?

Well beyond my technical expertise, I am sure.

I didn't even know they had an R-rated model. I guess I haven't done my homework.

I made the mistake of clicking on LG's monitor selection when looking at the site, and now I'm wondering if there's a basic overview of of LG's monitors somewhere that breaks down the model numbers. I was mostly looking at the UltraFine category, but I guess one would need an UltraGear model for refresh rates above 60 Hz and features such as variable refresh rate (VRR).

Can you overclock and bios hack a TV? Well I assume yes, but how easily I wonder?

Well beyond my technical expertise, I am sure.
There is a maintenance mode you can go into and open up a lot more

How does one do that? Specifically with Samsung though.

I can't speak to Samsung. There is usually a secret keypress or something to get there.

On my LG C3 it was a matter of mashing the mute button several times rapidly, and this brought up the hidden settings menu, but honestly, there isn't whole lot of useful stuff on that menu.

1701491936694.png

It DID help me get rid of the No Signal Image that blasted me in the face with full brightness every single time my computer blanked the screen though, which was nice.

Maybe Samsungs have more?

Thanks - I googled and I'll prob need to buy a new remote - the one that comes with it doesnt have numbers or all the buttons to try the 10 or 15 key combos it might be.

On my older LG, there is a phone app that acted as a remote via wifi, and it just had a button directly for the maintenance mode. So you may want to check that out too.

On my older LG, there is a phone app that acted as a remote via wifi, and it just had a button directly for the maintenance mode. So you may want to check that out too.
Oh shiiiiat, that is wweeiirrdd, using your phone as the remote via WiFi through an app. Well, nothing says "modern times" like having a phone app for f*cking everything.

Oh shiiiiat, that is wweeiirrdd, using your phone as the remote via WiFi through an app. Well, nothing says "modern times" like having a phone app for f*cking everything.
A quick search on Apple shows a bunch - just the top hit:

You can do the same thing with a Shield. I had to in a pinch one night when the batteries in my remote for it died and I didn't have any recharged and ready. Downloaded the app on my Android tablet and was good to go.

There is one reason and only one reason for this.

Now they can link the data linked to your phone to your TV viewing habits and either use it themselves or sell it to data brokers for others to use (probably both)

You are not the customer, you are the product.

Become a Patron!
Back