Looking for a new case

Zarathustra

Cloudless
It really chaps my sphincter that CaseLabs went out of business or I'd already have a new case.
I have mixed feelings about that.

I always liked their cases, but found their pricing rather ridiculous.

I think there is an argument to be made that a company that can't turn a profit selling $15 worth of painted sheet metal for $600+, maybe shouldn't have been in business in the first place.

{NG}Fidel

Slightly less n00b
This weekend, I'm going to install the case expansion to the Core P100 making it a WP100. I'm also going to install the first of two loops. The other one will come later when I water cool the GPU.
Pics or I will feel like I am missing out.

Riccochet

Sort-of-Regular
A lot of room in this case. But mounting a res is a pita. Why they didn't include more ways to mount things doesn't make sense to me. I want to move the res over to the left and up just a little but there's nothing to secure the right side of the pump brackets to if I do that. It's either where it is now, or up so far that I can't use the top G1/4" holes for anything. I'm planning a top return and the other top port will be for filling.

Also need to just take my old system down so I can transfer the PSU and GPU, get the water block on the GPU. Then I can start bending the PETG.

IMG_20190806_070129.jpg

Last edited:

magoo

n00b
That is really nice so far.
I am likewise a minimalist.....I don't like all the lighting junk....black and white are my favorite colors for this stuff.
I like your clear tubing, it's rigid, correct?

I have an old Corsair 800D that I find no reason to stop using.

Riccochet

Sort-of-Regular
I am likewise a minimalist.....I don't like all the lighting junk....black and white are my favorite colors for this stuff.

Yes, rigid 16/12. First time bending too.

Riccochet

Sort-of-Regular
Not sure why the coolant is orange. Was red in the bottle.....

Having some weird issues with this build. System is stock, stable as far as I can tell. But pubg crashes after a couple minutes. I even dropped ram speed. Nothing is over heating.

IMG_20190810_155922_compress98.jpg

AntiQuark

Sort-of-Regular

Having some weird issues with this build. System is stock, stable as far as I can tell. But pubg crashes after a couple minutes. I even dropped ram speed. Nothing is over heating.

View attachment 80
Equation basics are clockspeed, temp and voltage.
Low temp can be unstable if voltage is too low and/or clocks are too high.

If adjusting ram doesnt help, the problem isnt your ram.
Recommend testing your system for stability with the water loop warmed up.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member

I found it lacking with air cooling, but on water, they are great.

View attachment 80
Yeah, that happens sometimes. I had some shitty Thermaltake coolant, which I would never use again that looked flesh colored. It was nasty looking.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
So clean and well done, kudos on the water cooling job.
Thank you. I'm still going to add a GPU water block and a radiator to handle that. I may switch to hard tubing one of these days, but the soft tubing allows me some flexibility given that I change hardware so often.

{NG}Fidel

Slightly less n00b
Thank you. I'm still going to add a GPU water block and a radiator to handle that. I may switch to hard tubing one of these days, but the soft tubing allows me some flexibility given that I change hardware so often.
That's what I've come to terms with as I plan a new system. Hard tubing would be nice looking and the situation ends there really.

Zarathustra

Cloudless
Yeah, I thought he was one of those weirdos that keeps an itx mobo inside of an atx case for a moment there.
I am absolutely in awe at how cavernous that thing is. I thought my 750D Airflow was huge, but after I started shoving watercooling components in there it quickly started to feel cramped.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
What's crazy, is the pedestal part at the bottom can be added to the top as well. I can actually expand that case and make it larger if I wish. There are spots for radiators behind the motherboard tray. There are three spots for radiators in the pedestal and of course the usual top and front positions. It will do 140mm wide radiators in most of these locations as well.

I've thought about doing a second res and dedicated loop just to fill the extra space.

DrezKill

Sort-of-Regular
Dan, you're really fucking with my willpower to not spend any money right now. I wandered into this thread, saw homeys talking about cases and rad configurations and such, I'm like cool, let's see what we got here. Then Dan started talking about that freakin' WP100, and showing pics and whatnot. Now I'm all weak in the knees and shit. I spent enough money this year already dangit. That's the kind of case where even if I didn't always have builds planned, I would make a build just to use that case. That case is trying to reel me in like a supermodel with the "come hither" eyes. You know the look I'm talking about. She's got something on her mind, got some plans for yah. That WP100 is giving me those eyes.

Become a Patron!