Looking for a new case

Riccochet

FPS Regular
Trying to find a case that's capable of holding a 480 rad on the top and a 360 up front that also supports vertical GPU mounting. I don't like cramped cases, so the extra depth from being 480 top capable seems like a good idea. Plus would prefer something that's just a bit wider than normal. Seems most cases are narrow enough that when a rad is mounted on the top the CPU power connectors get smashed by the rad fans.

So, what's out there that is going to satisfy my needs? Dual rads, no smashed or covered cables, room for a full size pump/res, vertical GPU, no drive cages.

I recently picked up a Coolermaster Cosmos C700P and it may float your boat, just not sure on the rad sizing capabilities.

I don't know anything about mounting rads, but I too hate cramped cases and am planning on using one of those Corsair Air cases for my next build.

It really chaps my sphincter that CaseLabs went out of business or I'd already have a new case.

Considering the ThermalTake View 71, While not capable of a 480, it can do dual or triple 420's.

[/URL]

The Thermaltake Core W100 / WP100 and W200 / WP200 can support virtually any radiator combination and sizes you could want. My WP100 can handle at least half a dozen radiators.

Front:
1 x 360mm
Top:
2 x 480mm , 2 x 560mm , 1 x 600mm
Rear:
1 x 120mm , 1 x 140mm
Bottom:
2 x 140mm , 2 x 280mm
Left/ Right: (With P100)
1 x 480mm , 1 x 560mm

That WP100 looks like a monster. Looking at the product page, it almost looks like you have to put it together piece by piece.

The Thermaltake Core W100 / WP100 and W200 / WP200 can support virtually any radiator combination and sizes you could want. My WP100 can handle at least half a dozen radiators.

Front:
1 x 360mm
Top:
2 x 480mm , 2 x 560mm , 1 x 600mm
Rear:
1 x 120mm , 1 x 140mm
Bottom:
2 x 140mm , 2 x 280mm
Left/ Right: (With P100)
1 x 480mm , 1 x 560mm

That be a lot of radiators. Need a few pumps in series to run the whole kit, lol.

pic8.jpg

BTW, that case is pretty modular. You don't have to install the drive cages at all, but there is an option to do so if you wish. You can also get the P100 pedestal add on and put your drive cages in that. You can even get two of those and mount one on top and one on bottom. Therefore, it's expandable like the newer CM Stackers are. It isn't the prettiest case, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most functional designs I've ever seen.

Thanks for the recommendation! That's a solid contender at this point. I'm a function over form type of guy. Doesn't have to look all shiny and gamery.

I have NZXT's, they're plenty roomy, but big on the outside. Has a space for 2 ssd's on the back of the m/b mount plate, has 200mm fans on top (NZXT proprietary fitment, I tried Noctua's, but they didn't fit). Oh, Phantom 630 & 530.

I like the Phantek's Enthoo series for looks, but I've never seen anything more versatile or easy to work with as my Thermaltake Core W100. I actually like the way it looks as well, but its plain. Not everyone would like that. It doesn't come with much in the way of pre-installed frag harder lights.

I converted my PC to run inside a dining table with the legs cut in half to make it a low coffee table.
It was a pull out leaf table so I converted the pullout leaves into side panels and used some wood lying around to make a floor for the PC to sit on.
The side against the wall is left open for wires to exit and hot air to exit/cool air to enter.
My gfx card is fed cool air from under the table via two 15cm ducts and two quiet 14cm fans, another quiet fan blows air across the ram/mobo and back of the gfx card toward the back wall exit.
I thought about water cooling my gfx card but it was easy enough to fit an Accelero Xtreme III cooler and the cold air ducts so figured that would be good enough, its very good.
My CPU is water cooled, it performs great.
The table sits low with a nice gap underneath for my radiator and pump, it hides everything and the wires nicely.
And is pretty quiet.

If you have the floor space for a low table it could be ideal.

I really like the WP100, but it's just a tad too big for me. At least too big for where I'd be placing it.

Nothing in the Phantek's line up really popped out to me. They're nice cases, but some of the design elements aren't to my taste.

Think I'm going with the Thermaltake View 71. No 480 rad support, but I think dual 360's will do the job. Coming for the thought that I originally wanted to go with the Thermaltake Tower 900. I wanted to do dual loops. Just seems unrealistic as far as needs in the grand scheme of things.

I really like the WP100, but it's just a tad too big for me. At least too big for where I'd be placing it.

Nothing in the Phantek's line up really popped out to me. They're nice cases, but some of the design elements aren't to my taste.

Think I'm going with the Thermaltake View 71. No 480 rad support, but I think dual 360's will do the job. Coming for the thought that I originally wanted to go with the Thermaltake Tower 900. I wanted to do dual loops. Just seems unrealistic as far as needs in the grand scheme of things.

This weekend, I'm going to install the case expansion to the Core P100 making it a WP100. I'm also going to install the first of two loops. The other one will come later when I water cool the GPU.

Become a Patron!
Back