Netflix Releases Top-10 List of Its Most-Watched Original Movies

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
netflix-extraction-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Netflix

What are Netflix’s most popular originals, and how many people are actually watching them? That’s always been somewhat of a mystery, but the world’s most successful streamer (via Deadline) has finally released its top-10 list of exclusive films, based on viewer count. You can check out the full list below, but Netflix’s best investment was Extraction – an action-heavy thriller starring Thor himself, Chris Hemsworth. It managed to capture an incredible 99 million viewers.

“Bird Box is No. 2 on the list, which was first reported by Bloomberg, with 89 million viewers,” added Deadline. “The No. 3 and No. 4 titles, respectively, are Peter Berg-directed Spenser Confidential, starring Mark Wahlberg, and Michael Bay’s 6 Underground, whose...

Continue reading...

I've only seen one of those movies. 6 underground. Was a "okay" movie, but not anything I'd write home about.

I've seen a few, extraction was fun, and the new one with Charlize Theron is amazing.

Hmm.. Sad to say I haven't seen any of these. To be fair though, I don't typically watch their original movies, but I watch a ton of their original series.

I haven't watched a single one of those movies.

That's exactly what I was going to say. Not only have I not seen any of those, I hadn't even heard of most of them.

I've watched a few of them. Extraction is a good popcorn movie.

For the most part not a big fan of their movies. We keep trying them but usually end up feeling like some kind of torture. Although, I'm probably one of the few on the planet who liked Deathnote. Still haven't finished Bright but I heard a sequel was greenlit before the pandemic.

For the most part not a big fan of their movies. We keep trying them but usually end up feeling like some kind of torture. Although, I'm probably one of the few on the planet who liked Deathnote. Still haven't finished Bright but I heard a sequel was greenlit before the pandemic.

I really liked Deathnote. It wasn't too far off the source material either.

I've seen a few, extraction was fun, and the new one with Charlize Theron is amazing.
Watched The Old Guard last night (the Charlize flic) - not bad. Was expecting Highlander - and it was almost there, it kinda fell down at the end where it begged for the sequel / series.

BUT.. the cleavage shots went a long way to make up for it.

Watched The Old Guard last night (the Charlize flic) - not bad. Was expecting Highlander - and it was almost there, it kinda fell down at the end where it begged for the sequel / series.

BUT.. the cleavage shots went a long way to make up for it.

I think a insane badass immortal with a helper/spy, vs an insane badass no longer immortal where the stakes are higher is going to be pretty ****ing cool story telling. In my opinion it would be too predictable if they said she got her immortality back somehow. She needs to either redeem her love from before, then die to make it a interesting story. Still a little predictable but it could work well.

Become a Patron!
Back