New Rumored Prices for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
jdsp-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3000-render-feature-1024x576.jpg
Image: JDSP

As part of its coverage for the recent ZOTAC leak, TweakTown has posted the purported prices for the GeForce RTX 30 Series, which NVIDIA is expected to unveil this Tuesday (September 1). According to the author, the GeForce RTX 3090 will cost $1399, while the GeForce RTX 3080 will cost $799. Its lower siblings, the GeForce RTX 3070 and GeForce RTX 3060, are expected to cost $599 and $399, respectively.

GeForce RTX 3090: $1399GeForce RTX 3080: $799GeForce RTX 3070: $599GeForce RTX 3060: $399

As we’ve pointed out in previous articles, CEO Jensen Huang may decide to change (or determine) prices at the last second, so these figures...

Continue reading...

600 between 3080 and 3090? That doesn't seem right to me. But if I know nvidia the 3080 will cost more, not the 3090 less.

If the 3090 gives Titan level performance, that $600 difference went be unprecedented.

If the 3090 gives Titan level performance, that $600 difference went be unprecedented.
Still leaving a $600 market gap doesn't make sense. There are tons of people who are not going to pay $1400, but would be willing to pay in the $900-1200 range. They would be leaving money on the table which doesn't sound very nvidia to me.

Still leaving a $600 market gap doesn't make sense. There are tons of people who are not going to pay $1400, but would be willing to pay in the $900-1200 range. They would be leaving money on the table which doesn't sound very nvidia to me.
Thats ample space for a later improved 3080 or 3080ti.

Any substantial price gaps could also be a part of the strategy to duke it out with AMD once their cards launch as well. Lower some, launch new ones., all sorts of possibilities. We definitely saw what happened when AMD edged closer to NV's top tier cards last time around. Even though they didn't directly compete with the 2080 Ti there were ripple effects all the way down triggering responses from NV.

As annoying as it's been waiting for AMD to announce anything regarding Big Navi it's really starting to make sense now. They know the game and are just waiting for NV to put more of their cards on the table.

As annoying as it's been waiting for AMD to announce anything regarding Big Navi it's really starting to make sense now. They know the game and are just waiting for NV to put more of their cards on the table.

I'm liking AMD's new approach (keeping quiet). The drip info and boasting during the Vega campaign left a bad taste in my mouth.

That's the first ok news I've heard about these cards prices since anyone began talking about them. For that reason I don't see it happening. I'm still expecting 1k 3080 cards... but BUT maybe they learned something or the market is delicate enough that they realize they can't do the price bump again and if they keep it relatively level everyone will cheer for them? Will be interesting to see some real reviews. ;)

I'm liking AMD's new approach (keeping quiet). The drip info and boasting during the Vega campaign left a bad taste in my mouth.

I totally agree. Funny how it seems to have defected over to Intel's GPU division.

I will say that the x80 prices actually got better last year which leads me to believe a $800ish price seems plausible. I'll never forget how, last black Friday, I got a 2080 Super for less than what I paid my for 1080 Ti a couple of years before and it absolutely outperforms that card for non-RT games and even does pretty good in 1440p for RT w/ DLSS games. I think I paid $700+tax for it vs. $749+tax(in its release month) of the 1080 Ti. Both cards are OC editions that I pushed a bit farther. That same 1080 Ti ended up retailing for around $1300 when the 2080 Ti came out but that was largely due to the mining craze so getting the 2080 Super seemed like a huge bargain last year.

Just an FYI in case anyone wonders why I'd have both of those cards it's because I've currently got 3 rigs in the house. A 2600K that just won't die(inherited the 1080 Ti but will get the 2080 Super next), 3700X(presently has the 2080 Ti but will get a 3090), and a 4930K(has the 2080 Super but will get the 2080 Ti back).

Become a Patron!
Back