Newegg Shuffle

I'm in the Detroit Lions territory now!!
I'll never forget a clip I once saw of Regis back around 20 years ago. He was interviewing some very young model and was obviously trying to find a way to relate to her. He asked her what team her dad liked. She got a funny look on her face, then said her dad was always sad and she wasn't sure if he really liked the team. Regis smiled and then asked her what team it was. She replied Detroit Lions and then Regis said it was o.k., all their fans have to go through that. ;)

I'll never forget a clip I once saw of Regis back around 20 years ago. He was interviewing some very young model and was obviously trying to find a way to relate to her. He asked her what team her dad liked. She got a funny look on her face, then said her dad was always sad and she wasn't sure if he really liked the team. Regis smiled and then asked her what team it was. She replied Detroit Lions and then Regis said it was o.k., all their fans have to go through that. ;)
0-20.. NY Knicks ain't got S#$T on me!

Good lord. Have there even been 80 Shuffles since they started? You have me beat. I'm at 0-28 right now.
Yeah, I started 2-3 weeks after it began. I don't remember exactly just that I was talking to David and he reminded me about it. Considering I'm selecting almost everything they have, almost every day, I've definitely got mixed feelings at this point. I'll still keep trying but I've got my doubts.

Good article. Thank you. I'm honestly surprised the number isn't higher - it doesn't cost anything to enter and just requires a Newegg account. Makes me wonder how many of those are duplicate accounts -- if all you need is a unique email and I'm guessing IP address for each submission...

I think this sums it up from that article:
“I have no hope for the Newegg Shuffle if I'm being honest,” she added. “People are winning multiple times on the same account, and a bunch of people including me haven't won once.”

I'd say let's calculate odds of winning, but without knowing what the stock levels are of each product, there's no way to even make an intelligent guess.

Last edited:
I keep trying but I have major doubts about how the system is selecting. I'm clicking on almost everything, everyday because I'm trying to get a 3090 for my other rig in the cave as well as items for David for review. If we were to crunch what those #'s are I should've gotten something by now since I've done almost all of them since the beginning of Feb.

I admit that way, way, back in the 80s and 90s when I used to program stuff I tinkered with various random generators and saw some unusual patterns depending on each computer I ran the same program on. Could be their system is just using a lame generator, I don't know.

Yeah if I take off my tinfoil hat I wonder if folks with Premier don’t get priority, or if they have a list of influencers, or take into account order history, or something.

The more I think about to the more I think they would be silly not to capitalize on it in some way, like EVGA is doing. It’s “random” but some people get loaded dice.

I admit that way, way, back in the 80s and 90s when I used to program stuff I tinkered with various random generators and saw some unusual patterns depending on each computer I ran the same program on. Could be their system is just using a lame generator, I don't know.
There's a lot of effort that goes into making 'random' number generators actually random; you find out real quick that it's very necessary for cryptography, and that computers are fundamentally designed to be as predictable as possible, and that these two efforts are really as opposite as they sound!

I thought for sure when I saw some of the "deals" were up over $3k that this would be the time I would win. And then summarily get served divorce papers after somehow convincing myself that $3k was a "good deal" for that crap just because I won the lotto.

I was spared that fate.

Well, at this point if I had a dollar for every "sorry, you weren't selected" email I've gotten, I could pay off a good chunk of a card. I still keep trying though. At some point that 0.01 chance has to pay off LOL!

Become a Patron!
Back