Newegg Shuffle

Well, at this point if I had a dollar for every "sorry, you weren't selected" email I've gotten, I could pay off a good chunk of a card. I still keep trying though. At some point that 0.01 chance has to pay off LOL!
I hear ya. 20+ selections the past 2 shuffles and I'm now 0-26..

I will say, I don't know if the larger shuffles are good or bad. I've noticed it's went from 3-4 a week to 4-5 a week, maybe even 6 days a week with a few Saturday drawings recently. And the number of items/combos in each shuffle available has trended up as well. Today has 19, yesterday was 20, I think it was high teens nearly all last week as well.

I want to take it as a good sign - that there's more volume and inventory trickling in. I would assume it's just there isn't enough to keep stock yet. Especially the 3060's, which seem to have a good representation in the recent shuffles, and 3090's have been pretty well represented as well. And including a lot of EVGA GPUs... *)grumble(* I bitch about this in particular because I see the SKUs that I'm in the EVGA queue for, which has now happened more than a few times - but that's on EVGA, not Newegg, so I digress.

3080s and 3070s are fairly rare, but do pop up. 6900s I can't recall very many, 6800s probably as represented as 3080s, but a good deal of 6700s (I use that phrase loosely, they are anything but a good deal at the price they are going for). But 3060's (non-Ti) seem to have the best representation.

On the other hand... it makes me wonder if this hasn't become the new normal (I'm getting tired of that phrase, but I need a good alternative... /sigh). If even when we do have sufficient stock levels, Newegg (and other retailers to follow, possibly), see that sales are better if you feel like you won... so they keep the lottery going long past it's necessarily lifespan.

0-31 now, starting March 1 and selecting everything each time.

On the other hand... it makes me wonder if this hasn't become the new normal (I'm getting tired of that phrase, but I need a good alternative... /sigh). If even when we do have sufficient stock levels, Newegg (and other retailers to follow, possibly), see that sales are better if you feel like you won... so they keep the lottery going long past it's necessarily lifespan.
I'd say, realistically, it all falls apart as soon as stock exceeds demand. Yeah, they might hold on to the idea for a bit, but while they're playing their game someone else is just selling cards to customers.

Small update on this thread.

I actually won on Saturday. A horrible 6700XT deal. I did not purchase.

Going back through my email history (I delete nothing, email is my historical archive - admins hate me I'm sure): That makes me 1-37, selecting everything available each time.

Still 0-fer here... 0-31 or something stupid like that... I've still been in on every shuffle..

Still 0-fer here... 0-31 or something stupid like that... I've still been in on every shuffle..
me too, I'm around 0-100. went through some craziness with the latest BB drop yesterday and ended up with nothing too. pretty sure someone managed to hack their system. pretty much everything forced to store p/u and that's not much of an option where I live. I even tried switching zips to LA, NY, Denver, and same problem. I had numerous things in the cart at different times, couldn't check out because of it

I've noticed Newegg won't always send out alerts that there is a shuffle. Despite having App notifications and SMS notifications, I only tend to get them for every other Shuffle. And recently it seems the Shuffles have had some HTML coding issues... the drop downs and selects not quite working correctly.

I check daily for shuffles.. I get in almost every day (yesterday they didn't have one for instance)
Yeah it isn’t not allowed to enter - it’s just they don’t always notify. Just a observation if you were just relying on notifications to alert you, you would be missing on about half of them.

I check daily for shuffles.. I get in almost every day (yesterday they didn't have one for instance)
Yeah, that was a weird one. Usually, it's on Sundays, not the middle of the week. I think someone just decided to give it a break with the overpriced AMD combos. ;)

Yeah it isn’t not allowed to enter - it’s just they don’t always notify. Just a observation if you were just relying on notifications to alert you, you would be missing on about half of them.
Too true and then there are the days like yesterday where the notification happens within an hour of it going live.

I was afraid the Shuffle would come to this.

Today it’s basically the same crap that’s been on Shell Shocker.

Hopefully it falls flat and they never do it again.

I was afraid the Shuffle would come to this.

Today it’s basically the same crap that’s been on Shell Shocker.

Hopefully it falls flat and they never do it again.
Ohh... There's 1 card in that list of bullshit they have listed... And I wouldn't pay that much for a 3070 anyways.. ($800)

Well, talk about irony. I actually got selected for a Waterforce 3090 on Tuesday. The reason that it's ironic is that between heat(low to mid-90s), smoke from a big fire blowing in from AZ, and generally feeling like crap, I went to bed right after work and didn't even check my email/notifications until the next morning. Oh well. That was after roughly a hundred tries.

Well, talk about irony. I actually got selected for a Waterforce 3090 on Tuesday. The reason that it's ironic is that between heat(low to mid-90s), smoke from a big fire blowing in from AZ, and generally feeling like crap, I went to bed right after work and didn't even check my email/notifications until the next morning. Oh well. That was after roughly a hundred tries.
**** I'm sorry.

Become a Patron!
Back