NVIDIA Announces DLSS 2.0 for GeForce RTX: Quality Now Comparable to Native Resolution

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-dlss-2.0-feature-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA has officially announced DLSS 2.0. This is an improved version of its Deep Learning Super Sampling process, which leverages the power of artificial intelligence to create high-quality images with fewer rendered pixels.

According to NVIDIA, DLSS 2.0 is capable of offering image quality that’s comparable to native resolution “while rendering only one quarter to one half of the pixels.” That’s a pretty bold statement, but the company has provided plenty of comparisons to back up that claim.

Control running under DLSS 2.0’s Quality Mode, for one, looks much sharper than the original thanks to temporal feedback techniques, bringing the game closer to its native fidelity. This mode boosts performance by as much as 76 percent at 1920 x 1080 and 2560 x 1440...

Continue reading...

So is it on automatically or do we need to turn it on?

So is it on automatically or do we need to turn it on?
It's usually a feature in a game's graphical/display settings menu. On or off. As far as 2.0 goes it needs to be implemented by the developers first. Those that integrated the first version will need to update their games in order for them to access this newer version. There's rumors Metro Exodus might be getting it next.

I can very much tell it’s on. I don’t hate it and in multiplayer titles I get it. But In single player I want the visuals.
Can’t compare to 1.0 (not going to) but it seems improved over what I saw reported on the first iteration.

Become a Patron!
Back