NVIDIA App Beta Unifies the NVIDIA Control Panel and GeForce Experience

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
A public beta of the NVIDIA app, a new application that is designed to modernize and unify the NVIDIA Control Panel, GeForce Experience, and RTX Experience apps, is now available for testing, NVIDIA has announced.

See full article...

For those that have complained that the GeForce Experience app required a logon in order to get drivers - this requirement seems to have been removed!

1708629736291.png

Does this mean you have to have an NV login to access the control panel now?

Even back on my 1080ti I wouldn't log into experience because of it. And that I never agreed with how it would tell me to set the games to be played right.

Does this mean you have to have an NV login to access the control panel now?
As of this beta release, it means that you do not need a login for the combined Control Panel / GeForce Experience application.

*shrug* I never had any problems with GeForce Experience app.

I'll give this new one a go though.

I'm not a fan of GFE and will also continue to use CP until it's no longer included but I did re-try GFE when Starfield launched as some pointed out that it has some nifty image processing features. I admit that I was impressed by what it could do but not something I have a regular need for and decided to stop playing Starfield and in turn once again stopped using GFE. The first time I tried it was when it launched almost a decade ago and was continually annoyed at what it "thought" optimal settings were for my games and hardware.

The bottom line is that I hate having extra crap running in the background. Sooner or later it ends up being a headache one way or another. I am happy that at least for now NV has removed the login requirement for this.

The first time I tried it was when it launched almost a decade ago and was continually annoyed at what it "thought" optimal settings were for my games and hardware.
Those were definitely quite silly, and I also stopped using them almost immediately. I do see the utility for less astute / interested users that are looking for a quick quality or performance adjustment -- but for me, it was mostly just to have automatic driver update notices, and the automated updating process. I've also used the overlay function more lately but I'm not married to that, it's just something that's worked well enough for what I want / need to know.

I've always been pissed that ShadowPlay functionality was locked behind GeForce Experience.
I've not taken the time to get ShadowPlay working well yet. It was something that I was interested in at one point and will probably get back to figuring out again...

So I just tried this as well - it asks 4 questions when you install (2 of which directly relate to the reasons I never ran GFE)

Do you want Game Ready or Creative drivers?

Do you want to enable the Overlay?

Do you want to automatically adjust the settings for your games and apps?

Do you want to log in to see the latest deals?

Who needs shadowplay when I have afterburner?
That's what I'm using too, but it's not on the same level as ShadowPlay, which incurs almost no performance penalty, takes frames right from the same framebuffer that is going from the GPU to the display, and has considerably better image quality (if memory serves correct, I haven't looked into this in years).

Bah.....simply added bloat to the control panel.
GeForce Experience is a mess.
Exactly. This is NVIDIA forcing all of us who never installed GeForce Experience to install GeForce Experience.

I watched a video showing off the new app, cuz I'll be f*cked if I try it out on my own machine. I just wanted a video tour of it to see what it looks like in every section. Ugh, what an ugly, ungainly piece of crap. Definitely a step in the wrong direction.

I do wish Sedona had a dark theme though.

I'll have to deal with it at some point. I'll probably install it on one of my other boxes rather than my main one. I know this will be forced on me at some point.

Become a Patron!
Back