NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER and 2060 SUPER Video Card Review

Thanks for the review guys. Awesome. I only had a moment to briefly go thru but will read more in depth later. I'm actually a little surprised the Super 2070 outperformed the 1080TI and at a cheaper price. I'm also glad the early leaked prices were accurate. People do have some better choices for higher performance and budgets now.

Can't wait to see how the Super 2080 review will be.

Awesome review. Lots of details. 2070 Super seems like a killer deal at $500.

Great review, Brent. The biggest takeway for me is the consistent jump in performance of the RTX 2060 to RTX 2060 Super. For an extra $50 ($349 -> $399), the uplift seems worth it and people should save an extra $50 even if it take a couple extra weeks to get the RTX 2060 Super instead of the RTX 2060.

@Brent_Justice That was an awesome review! Thank you for the hard work you put in, in generating these reviews. I am VERY pleased to see a 1080ti replacement cost $499! Unless AMD has an Ace up its sleeve, I'll be looking at the 2080 Super as my next card to replace my 1080...

Great review.

The only part that was interesting to me was a potential 2080 Ti Super. Something that would be significantly faster than the 2080 Ti. Unfortunately they decided to not release one.

I'm curious how did you guys manage to get these cards ahead of release? I thought that Nvidia wasn't doing that for people that didn't sign their locked down NDA?

Awesome review but not to be too cynical what I see is 1080 ti owners still no affordable upgrade path, and early 20 series adopters kind of got a slap in the face with Nvidia now releasing the cards it should have originally

Thanks for the review! I'm relieved to have site to go to again for not canned benched marks. First post on this forum. It seemed like Nvidia did a good job with this release and it'll put a damper on AMD's release. Hope I'm wrong, but doesn't seem to be likely based on what AMD has been saying.

Hi Brent,
Really appreciate the in depth review that we've all come to know and love. Looking forward to the RTX 2080 Super review later on, if the performance is right i may pick that up in anticipation of the new Doom this fall. My OC'd 980 TI is starting to get a little long in the tooth, and the price to performance upgrade after the mining craze was hard to justify.

I'd love to pick up a RTX2080ti Super if they were to do that, but even at $999 that just feels a little steep for me.

Also, would it be accurate to assume that the amazon ads are commissioned links? Just want to support the site where I can.

Thanks again,

Last edited:
Well done then. :) As long as you didn't have to sign that NDA to do it I'm impressed.

If they signed the NDA, I'm not sure they could tell you. :p

This is not HardOCP and it's not run by Kyle. It's only fair to expect that they may not make the same decisions, especially since it is a new site trying to break into the market.

They probably don't have the luxury to take the same stands Kyle did.

Also, would it be accurate to assume that the amazon ads are commissioned links? Just want to support the site where I can.

Yes, the Amazon ads are affiliate links where we will earn a cut of what you buy after clicking on it. Amazon links within the forums (along with a few others) are also monetized - expect plenty of Prime Day spam coming up soon in the Hot Deals section!

If they signed the NDA, I'm not sure they could tell you. :p

This is not HardOCP and it's not run by Kyle. It's only fair to expect that they may not make the same decisions, especially since it is a new site trying to break into the market.

They probably don't have the luxury to take the same stands Kyle did.

To date, we have not signed anything, but you're also right about being a new small site - we will review any documents presented to us on their merits and consider the impact that they will have to the content that we want to deliver. Without a document in front of me to review, I can't comment on whether we'd end up signing it or not. At the end of the day, we need as many eyeballs as we can get in order to make this financially viable to sustain as a going concern (currently, it's no where close to it, and I hope the next week or so changes that).

Nice refresh, and except for the 2060, keeping the prices the same. Disappointed that they raised the power draw. I wonder if you could tweak these (undervolt perhaps?) to draw the same power as the non-super versions, to see how much improvement is by refinement and how much is due to pumping more electricity through them.

Yes, the Amazon ads are affiliate links where we will earn a cut of what you buy after clicking on it. Amazon links within the forums (along with a few others) are also monetized - expect plenty of Prime Day spam coming up soon in the Hot Deals section!

To date, we have not signed anything, but you're also right about being a new small site - we will review any documents presented to us on their merits and consider the impact that they will have to the content that we want to deliver. Without a document in front of me to review, I can't comment on whether we'd end up signing it or not. At the end of the day, we need as many eyeballs as we can get in order to make this financially viable to sustain as a going concern (currently, it's no where close to it, and I hope the next week or so changes that).

I hope so as well. Quality reviews are hard to come by out there these days. I am glad you guys are taking this on. Otherwise I'd have to rely on Linus, Jayz and other clowns on YouTube, and at that point maybe I'll just throw in the towel on this hobby.

Hopefully getting reviews up for new hardware that people care about and showing them that you have world class hardware reviewing will kickstart this thing!

(I'm thoroughly hoping you guys have Ryzen 3000 review samples)

Anyway, I'm definitely sharing links to your reviews. I hope others do the same.

I like the direction these cards are heading. I'm hoping the competitive price/performance continues with their 3k(?) series in 2020 as that's likely when I'll be upgrading.

Become a Patron!
Back