NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series Rumored to Launch by Q4 2022, Double the Performance of GeForce RTX 3090

I think we'll see new entry level cards in the $300 range. At least from Nvidia.
Their xx50 (and Ti) line seems to be pretty popular overall, and honestly the lower they can bring DLSS and ML-related RTX functions in the market the better, IMO.

Their xx50 (and Ti) line seems to be pretty popular overall, and honestly the lower they can bring DLSS and ML-related RTX functions in the market the better, IMO.

I doubt they will be powerfull enough for it to be worth the inclusion, maybe in a couple gen.

The lower end 30x0 card will come available when sales decrease on the higher end cards (currently no reason to use wafers for lower margin stuff), or when the 4000 series comes available and NVidia can transition Samsung wafers to lower end cards.

I doubt they will be powerfull enough for it to be worth the inclusion, maybe in a couple gen.
I'd rate it as a coin flip. The xx50's are as much as many non-gaming laptops get, but are still very popular for that purpose.

A big reason to put the full suite in is for everything but ray-tracing. There's plenty of stuff that can make use of the various hardware acceleration features from the communications, content creation, and even AI / ML development side (and stuff that is starting to use it).

The bottom line is, regardless of opinions, none of this matters when companies can't put enthusiast hardware in the hands of enthusiasts at prices that are realistically commensurate with what the product is, or at all. Period.

Become a Patron!
Back