NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 SUPER Series Graphics Cards Are Rumored to Release in Stages throughout January 2024

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
It's no secret that additions to the RTX 40 series are on their way and the latest rumors state that the launch of the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 SUPER series will be rolled out in stages come next month. News from overseas is painting a picture that NVIDIA is going to make a formal announcement at a "Special Address" in Las Vegas on January 8th, the day before CES 2024 begins. Ongoing rumors suggest it will officially unveil its GeForce RTX 4070, 4070 Ti, and 4080 SUPER series graphics cards then. According to multiple sources gathered by ITHome (via VideoCardz), the three cards will launch on January 17, 24, and 31, respectively, and board partners are expected to begin shipping their models by the second half of January.

See full article...

I just drop by, after a while, to see has this spot loosen up a bit being, in my opinion, pro-AMD.

Well, I see much hasn't changed in that regard, IMO.

If I'm wrong, well, where's anything related for an article on here about this SUPER AMD's false claim exposure, eh?!

Stick a fork in Su. She's done!

I thought the 4080Super was supposed to have 20GB of videoram

I just drop by, after a while, to see has this spot loosen up a bit being, in my opinion, pro-AMD.

If I'm wrong, well, where's anything related for an article on here about this SUPER AMD's false claim exposure, eh?!

Stick a fork in Su. She's done!

Dude get over it... you get called out for gorilla marketing for Nvidia every time because you make these way off topic posts about something only tangentially related to the thread at best that is always about trashing one over the other. (Hint supporting Nvidia trashing anyone else.) We ALL know you're a marketing account here to support Nvidia. You've made it ABUNDANTLY clear.

Just look at the many reviews posted. There is no AMD bias. The only BIAS I would say is reputation based around things like power supply, and ram.

If you want theFPSreview to start reviewing an comparing AI cards... I dunno... tell your bosses at Nvidia to start sampling AI computation drawers to theFPSreview. Then they would be GLAD to talk about it I'm sure. (though really.. outside their target segment..... though MANY of us here are IT professionals... so maybe not that far off.)

BTW in regards to your link. I wouldn't mind a discussion on that. But this isn't the thread for that. Post it in general. Start a discussion. Just be prepared for part of it to be discounted because it's another WCCF link. They are largely discredited here.

Last edited:

Dude get over it... you get called out for gorilla marketing for Nvidia every time because you make these way off topic posts about something only tangentially related to the thread at best that is always about trashing one over the other. (Hint supporting Nvidia trashing anyone else.) We ALL know you're a marketing account here to support Nvidia. You've made it ABUNDANTLY clear.

Just look at the many reviews posted. There is no AMD bias. The only BIAS I would say is reputation based around things like power supply, and ram.

If you want theFPSreview to start reviewing an comparing AI cards... I dunno... tell your bosses at Nvidia to start sampling AI computation drawers to theFPSreview. Then they would be GLAD to talk about it I'm sure. (though really.. outside their target segment..... though MANY of us here are IT professionals... so maybe not that far off.)

BTW in regards to your link. I wouldn't mind a discussion on that. But this isn't the thread for that. Post it in general. Start a discussion. Just be prepared for part of it to be discounted because it's another WCCF link. They are largely discredited here.
Right on time! 😂

One thing to keep in mind is that the news operation here is completely separate from the reviews operation. News is simply finding things our readers might be interested in, adding an opinion and posting to the front page. Product reviewers here have nothing to do with that, just as the news crew does not do reviews. You are correct in that the separation between the different types of content has not changed.

Might actually bite, maybe? 4090's are so overpriced now and 'old' as far as the release date goes. Have a 3080ti now. If Newegg keeps their trade in program, a super 70ti or 80 maybe? Nvidia, and this is crazy, I just met you, call me maybe. 🤪

I don't think there'll ever be a card branded as Ti Super. And with the Ti versions already existing there is not really market room between the Ti and the regular for a super. The only exception being the 4080 where there is no Ti above it yet. But it definitely won't be 999, when the regular 4080 is 1200. Can you imagine nvidia releasing a better version for cheaper? I can't. If that really happens I'll be very mad as I just ordered a 4080 for $1500.

I thought the same about a Ti SUPER but its looking like it will happen. I'm not thrilled with the idea of it either. On the flipside, regardless of what it ends up being called, that to me looks like the best of the bunch for a mid-high card, but it also depends on the price.

I also agree on those prices. $1K would be nice for a 4080 SUPER but I've got my doubts and even if it does happen I"m pretty sure scalpers will screw that up anyway.

I thought the same about a Ti SUPER but its looking like it will happen. I'm not thrilled with the idea of it either. On the flipside, regardless of what it ends up being called, that to me looks like the best of the bunch for a mid-high card, but it also depends on the price.

I also agree on those prices. $1K would be nice for a 4080 SUPER but I've got my doubts and even if it does happen I"m pretty sure scalpers will screw that up anyway.
Grey market exporters to China... that's what that will be.

At least they release some product that might actually be able to be purchased. Unlike AMD "hey, look, we released a new GPU! We only have 12 of them, and 10 are going GN and J2C....."

At least they release some product that might actually be able to be purchased. Unlike AMD "hey, look, we released a new GPU! We only have 12 of them, and 10 are going GN and J2C....."
I've had AMD cards from the this generation and the last. And in both cases they were easier to get than the Nvidia counterparts. Now yea for the 6800 I was chasing rainbows watching stock streams and such. For the 7900xtx I just walked into microcenter and got one.

Yeah, now that you mention it I kind of remember it being easier for 7000 series cards as well. I think for some folks there was a delay for 7900XTXs, depending on region, but the XTs were all over the place. These days the tables have totally turned at the top now that 4090 is gone to China. I've lost track of how many sales I'm seeing for the 6000 and 7000 series cards.

I'd not have had a problem getting any card I wanted whenever I wanted here in the EU since the height of the crypto bubble. And I don't mean through scalpers, everything was available direct from the retailers, only cost a leg and an arm. Even the 4090 is readily available right now, the only reason I did not buy one because none exist that would fit in my case.

When the 7900 XT was released it was a nightmare to get one. Had to do the whole drop watch thing on discord. That lasted a good 3-4 months. Then like magic supply was up everywhere. I can't say there was much demand for the 7900 XTX which is probably why it was in stock and remained in stock at launch. By that point anyone looking for a higher end card had already bought a 4080, 4090 or 7900 XT, and the XTX didn't offer enough of a jump from the XT to upgrade.

I'd not have had a problem getting any card I wanted whenever I wanted here in the EU since the height of the crypto bubble. And I don't mean through scalpers, everything was available direct from the retailers, only cost a leg and an arm. Even the 4090 is readily available right now, the only reason I did not buy one because none exist that would fit in my case.
So you can afford the scotch but you don't want to buy the ice? :LOL: ;)

So you can afford the scotch but you don't want to buy the ice? :LOL: ;)
It's not about the money, as far as I'm concerned I already found the best possible case for me, the only path is down from here. And if a GPU doesn't fit in it, then the GPU builder is in the wrong. A few years ago 30cm GPUs were considered enormous, now that is the "small one".

just get a new case and be done with it. ;) ;)
I will buy a new case when I **** well please, and when I found something that I think is better than my current one. I'll certainly not buy a worse case just to accommodate an oversized video card.

Become a Patron!
Back