NVIDIA Releases Game Ready Driver 461.09, Includes Fixes for GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

I always do a reboot regardless if it is needed or not after a driver update. Got into this habit because I have had some performance issues in the past without doing so.
I as well. Don't know if the registry needed to update, some cache somewhere messing with things, something still in memory that shouldn't be there, but I've seen the same. If it's going to work correctly the reboot usually does the trick. I also know that after a reboot happens and the issue is still there then that means something else is now happening.

I only done a DDU when switching from AMD to Nvidia, other than that had no need for it.
I reboot, out of habit.
I use DDU just out of habit. I like starting from clean slates when I make GPU changes on the same OS install. Reboots are also a mandatory as far as I'm concerned too, even though the install doesn't require it.

I as well. Don't know if the registry needed to update, some cache somewhere messing with things, something still in memory that shouldn't be there, but I've seen the same. If it's going to work correctly the reboot usually does the trick. I also know that after a reboot happens and the issue is still there then that means something else is now happening.

Some of my launchers (origin, battle.net) crash after updating drivers so I tend to reboot after doing so

I use DDU just out of habit. I like starting from clean slates when I make GPU changes on the same OS install. Reboots are also a mandatory as far as I'm concerned too, even though the install doesn't require it.

You can also choose clean install from the nvidia installer though not suure how good it is, I only use DDU if I have issues after installing a new one

Well, I installed it on my 3070x/3090 rig and so far so good. One of those driver installs that even gives a notification about CP being reinstalled afterward. That doesn't happen so often. I'll let you know if I notice anything with HDR on the LG next weekend as I'm out of time for gaming this weekend now.

Well, I installed it on my 3070x/3090 rig and so far so good. One of those driver installs that even gives a notification about CP being reinstalled afterward. That doesn't happen so often. I'll let you know if I notice anything with HDR on the LG next weekend as I'm out of time for gaming this weekend now.
No problems with the 1080Ti either, or the 1650Ti in the laptop. Need to check my wife's 1050Ti.

On a side note I had no idea how many programs Nvidia installs. I had to reboot like 4 times just to Uninstall everything before I Uninstalled the drivers. Amd drivers went in clean and no complaints. Motherboard had a funky issue with disappearing nvme drives in the bios.

On a side note I had no idea how many programs Nvidia installs. I had to reboot like 4 times just to Uninstall everything before I Uninstalled the drivers. Amd drivers went in clean and no complaints. Motherboard had a funky issue with disappearing nvme drives in the bios.
Yeah, it's grown a lot over the last 5-6 years.

Become a Patron!
Back