NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER Is Currently Unavailable Online for MSRP in North America

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER only just launched this month and it appears that some inventory is already disappearing from online retailers. As spotted by VideoCardz, those seeking to get NVIDIA's flagship GPU in the RTX 40 SUPER series are out of luck, that is, unless they are fortunate enough to able to source one at a physical retail store such as Best Buy or MicroCenter.

See full article...

Most 4080 Supers can't be bought at Newegg because those shady *******s are bundling them with **** that no one wants so it doesn't sell on it's own. I really wish we had another online PC retailer that fell somewhere in between Amazon and Newegg... I'd also just like to see Newegg go under at this point or get bought out by Amazon. At least amazon has better customer service and faster shipping.

Most 4080 Supers can't be bought at Newegg because those shady *******s are bundling them with **** that no one wants so it doesn't sell on it's own. I really wish we had another online PC retailer that fell somewhere in between Amazon and Newegg... I'd also just like to see Newegg go under at this point or get bought out by Amazon. At least amazon has better customer service and faster shipping.

Pretty much this. Hey, we have all these 4080 non-supers in stock. Let's bundle the supers with other junk and jack the price up so we can move our old stock.

I use Newegg to window shop, because their online catalog is easier to navigate than Amazon's. However, Amazon will generally get the sale after I've found the part and/or model number of the item I've selected for purchase. I've found that I can find exactly what I want at Amazon provided I know what that is; Amazon's online catalog is made for buyers, not shoppers ... unless you're amenable to letting Amazon tell you what you want to buy rather than deciding yourself.

Ever since Newegg changed ownership, well, there have always been concerns. That aside it's not the worst way to keep track of some things. I prefer Amazon as well but will order from them if everything checks the right boxes. I do like, however, it's one of the few places in North America to gain access to overseas brands but the ones I'm really after are not on it.

So, no scalpers this time? Is scalper fever dying down?

I use Newegg to window shop, because their online catalog is easier to navigate than Amazon's. However, Amazon will generally get the sale after I've found the part and/or model number of the item I've selected for purchase. I've found that I can find exactly what I want at Amazon provided I know what that is; Amazon's online catalog is made for buyers, not shoppers ... unless you're amenable to letting Amazon tell you what you want to buy rather than deciding yourself.

Ever since Newegg changed ownership, well, there have always been concerns. That aside it's not the worst way to keep track of some things. I prefer Amazon as well but will order from them if everything checks the right boxes. I do like, however, it's one of the few places in North America to gain access to overseas brands but the ones I'm really after are not on it.

I do the same in both regards.

How about one that is better than both? B&H Photo
I need to check them out more often. I don't always think to look over there, but every time I had it seems whatever I was looking for would be out of stock. Although, in all fairness, that happens a lot everywhere with some of these parts.

How about one that is better than both? B&H Photo. Great people, good prices.. and is neither newegg or amazon =)
I have been doing business with them since they were only Photo and AV stuff. Great company IMHO.
Yep gotten good deals with BH, I don't know why they drop off my mind.

Yeah I agree, its not always a 1st try hit with inventory. I would say I have about a 70% hit rate on instock vs out of stock.
But most of the time Im not in a hurry and can wait a week or two if I know they will stock it.
Im not a fan of the big two so I wait if needed most of the time, unless I have a failure and need to fix it right away.

Pretty much this. Hey, we have all these 4080 non-supers in stock. Let's bundle the supers with other junk and jack the price up so we can move our old stock.

At least it's not as bad as when they force bundled all GPU's with Gigabyte PSU's known to be fire hazards...

Not surprising at all considering they are Chinese owned these days since 2016. I mean, Newegg was past it's prime already before the acquisition in 2016, but since then they seem to have doubled down on evil, corrupt shady business.

IMHO at this point those pieces of **** running Newegg belong in Federal "pound-me-in-the-***" Prison.

At this point after showing blatant disregard for the safety of their customers I tentionally forcing them to buy bundles containing products that could kill them, being caught trying to scam custpmers on RMA's anf manh other infractions, its amazibg abyone still shops thwre at all. The best possible outcome would be a class action lawsuit that removes them from existence.

I guess that's what you expect from the country of melamine milk, poisoned pet food, poisoned toothpaste, and faked vehicle collision testing and cheating on the Euro NCAP getting 5 star ratings for unsafe cars.

It's a country of 1.3 billion people completely devoid of any ethics or morals. It absolutely blows my mind that some people in Europe ar buying EV's from China. If consider them "untrustworthy probable death traps."

Absolutely nothing out of China can be trusted. At least without a western brand sitting in between and testing everything and even when they do, they can be loved to, and **** can slip through.

The lesson here is, whenever possible do your darndest to avoid doing business with anyone from the PRC.

Last edited:
So @Zarathustra I get the sense you don't like Chinese made products.
I mean, who likes products that - if you are lucky - just fall apart in a few months time, and otherwise might just kill you because of corner cutting?

It is my theory that living under the thumb of the single party authoritarian regime in the PRC people needed to learn to take advantage of every situation - no matter how shady - just to survive, and having done this for 80 years now it has broken down every normal sense of ethics and morality that previously existed to where people see no problem in adding a lethal poison to milk sold to children just to earn an extra buck.

It's not everyone, but it is seemingly a significantly larger proportion of the population than any other place on the planet I am familiar with. And it is not an isolated incident. It repeats over and over and over again with products made in the PRC to the point where people would be nuts to be comfortable buying anything other than trivial **** that can't threaten their lives from China.

It is not an inherently Chinese thing. The ROC is not like this. It is only the PRC.

Quite frankly, anyone buying something like a car, or even foodstuffs from China is a bloody fool. You just can't trust the people behind it. I'd rather not buy anything from them at all, but unfortunately the way the market has gone, that isn't always an option.

Become a Patron!
Back