OREO Star Wars Special Edition Cookies Arrive in Stores on June 10 and Fans Can Discover Their Destiny with the Force

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
OREO Star Wars Special Edition Cookies are on their way to stores and will randomly feature all dark or light side character cookies. Okay, so definitely not a tech item, but we do have some Star Wars fans out there. These days, it's pretty rare for any merchandising or marketing to hit home with the span of multi-generational fans. Still, OREO may have hit this to a galaxy far, far, away.

See full article...

Mine came in the other day. Our grocery stores are like BF 24/7 so I didn't want to take the chance and ordered from Walmart and FedeX managed to not destroy them. Wife and I are enjoying them, ordered 2 and only opened 1 so far. Darkside-lol! but they taste good.

We haven't had Oreos in Europe until recently and after hearing americans fawning over them all the time, I decided to try them.

Hot take: They are not that great. The cookie is too hard and crumbly and the filling is just basic cream with no flavor. Most bottom shelf cookies that we take for granted are superior.

Hot take: They are not that great. The cookie is too hard and crumbly and the filling is just basic cream with no flavor.
To be fair, a lot of things like this are nowhere near how good they were back in the 80s or 90s. Chips Ahoy cookies used to be f*cking awesome, now they are tasteless cardboard crap. Jello pudding was soooooo fantastic in the 90s, now it has lost a lot of its taste, and has a weird texture. Hostess cupcakes were addictive in the 90s, now they are kinda bland and taste weird (and not in a good way). Oreos too have suffered a similar fate. These are just a few examples, but over the decades I've noticed a lot of snacks have just gotten much worse. And that's okay with me, cuz at my age I don't need to be eating this crap anymore.

Hot take: They are not that great. The cookie is too hard and crumbly and the filling is just basic cream with no flavor. Most bottom shelf cookies that we take for granted are superior.
Could be something to do with either shipping or manufacturing. We've been pleasantly surprised at how fresh the ones I ordered online are. For whatever reason they are far better than the normal ones in terms of quality. Could just be luck of the draw though as I was expecting them to be worse.

Become a Patron!
Back