Other than MS Office and Libre Office, what other Office Suites have you used?

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
Other than the popular MS Office and Libre Office/Openoffice, what other Office Suites have you used?

Also did you like them?

I have used the following
Freeoffice / Softmaker Office - my favorite non MS alternative
Wordperfect X Suite - Except for the last itteration I have used the previous couple and thought the MS support was lacking
KOffice - have not used in a while but from what I remember it was descent, nothing sticks out though
Google office - I'm very against anything google :D

I've used some GoogleDocs and generally been pleased. However, I stick with MS Office. I get the professional version for $10 through work, hard bargain to deny.
Used OpenOffice back years ago, but I remember it not being nearly as polished as MSO. I do also remember it being lightening fast

I have used Open Office and was not fond of it. I could not for the life of me get it to comply with APA formats when writing research papers in college. That experience caused me to purchase Microsoft Office from the university for $40. When I was in the Navy during the late 1990's, we used Word Perfect products until switching to Microsoft products. I have not had any experience with Word Perfect since.

I have used Open Office and was not fond of it. I could not for the life of me get it to comply with APA formats when writing research papers in college. That experience caused me to purchase Microsoft Office from the university for $40. When I was in the Navy during the late 1990's, we used Word Perfect products until switching to Microsoft products. I have not had any experience with Word Perfect since.

Open office would make me cringe at times.

I've tried OO before, and it just wan't what I wanted to work with long term. Considering I've been starring at Excel (and to a lesser extent, Google Doc) all day at work for years now, I'm so used MS platform, I don't think I could ever switch at this point, even if I wanted to.

Between MS, Adobe, web hosting... I'm on a hook for a lifetime mortgage payment with those companies :rolleyes:

Try out the Softmaker Office or their free version Freeoffice for a week.

It is surprisingly similar in interface to MS Office and works very well.

Knocks the socks off of libre office, even their free version.

Excel sucks in many ways, but at this point in time, there's no incentive for me to try and switch to another office suite.

I've used most of them but always come back to MS Office. I'm an Excel junkie and prefer Outlook to the rest of the mail apps currently.

WordPerfect back in the day (among maybe a couple others I don't recall), then OpenOffice, and then LibreOffice. Although I do keep Microsoft Word around. I used to write papers in college using OpenOffice or LibreOffice but check them in MS Word before turning them in, in case formatting or something else got weird.

My wife still clings to WordPerfect for some reason.

I use Office just because work more or less makes me. I still find compatibility issues with my Mac version on occasion, or even weirder Macro/embedded issues with files created on older versions that my office clings to with the steadfast resolve of a corpse.

My wife still clings to WordPerfect for some reason.
WordPerfect was once the stronghold of the legal world; not sure if that's still the case, but it was certainly a productive option.

My father also clung to Quattro Pro for years. He'd been using it since the time before Excel was... useful, and growing up with it, I recall Excel being pretty jarring to work with when it became the de facto option.

And yeah, I've tried the 'open' suites, but man, I just have no patience for how mangled stuff becomes when you bring it over to an MS product. Whatever the issue, that's a dealbreaker.

I dont write much for a living so simple online tools like Apple Pages and Google Docs are fine for me.

Wife writes a ton, steadfast Office user, Both Mac and Windows.

Currently office 365 and I love it.

BUT...

I have used openoffice before when the budget was tight. I do pen and paper gaming and like to make my own spreadsheets in excel to auto calculate everything for me. It's just soo much easier. ;)

Become a Patron!
Back