RAIJINTEK Unveils the MORPHEUS 8057, a Massive Heatsink for Modern GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
raijintek-morpheus-8057-1024x576.jpg
Image: RAIJINTEK

PC chassis and cooler maker RAIJINTEK has announced its latest product, the MORPHEUS 8057. This is a massive, black-coated heatsink that’s compatible with AMD and NVIDIA’s higher-tiered graphics cards, such as the Radeon RX 5700 XT and GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.

Flaunting 12 copper heat pipes, 129 fins, a mirror copper base, and the option to install two 120 mm fans, the MORPHEUS 8057 offers a cooling capacity of up to 360 watts of TDP. The heatsink also comprises both copper (3 pcs) and aluminum (8 pcs) materials.

RAIJINTEK hasn’t elaborated on the MORPHEUS 8057’s pricing or availability, but you can check out its full specifications below.

SPECIFICATIONProduct NameMORPHEUS 8057Product Number0R10B00176Dimension [W×D×H]254×100×44 mmWeight515 g [Heat Sink Only]Thermal...

Continue reading...

Beast. I wonder if I could just change out the nitro+ hsf and slap this on, still being able to keep the current gddr6 cooling.

Talk about good timing on the announcement, was about to get the Morpheus II and ghetto mod it to fit the 2080ti, but now I can just wait for this to release.

Well I can certainly tell you that the Morpheus II doesn't work very well on the 5700 XT, though that might change if you flatten both the GPU and the coldplate.

now of course that'd be fine and dandy if I could get it off again :' )

I was looking into this line of coolers a few months back. Came across them accidentally when researching aftermarket options for my EVGA 2080 Super. Really impressed overall by other reviews I'd read. Spent a chunk of an afternoon on their site just looking at the many other coolers they make as well.

One thing nobody mentions about these (air heatsinks) that I believe is very worth knowing - these things are ****ing colossal!
They schwomp up 4 PCIE slots if you include fan clearance, so don't even think about them if you need those slots!

Otherwise, yes - the performance on nvidia/vega GPUs (RDNA ones are special needs) is excellent.

The reason I say it like that, is because you'll find plenty of blabbering on these heatsinks - but barely anyone will mention the fact that it will cOnSoooooooooooooooooooooOOM all your PCIE slots unless you're rocking a board that doesn't have any spare ones, or a very large board.

In fairness, how many expansion slots do most people actually use in their systems? Most people use one for a graphics card and none for anything else. All the necessary network adapters can be found built-in to motherboards. The same is true of pretty much anything else you'd need.

I'm interested. But the ones I've seen on other cards, always looked like the installation is janky, and nothing is straight.

Become a Patron!
Back