Razer Partners with ASRock for New Branded Motherboards

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Razer-Edition-ASRock-B550-Taichi-1024x576.jpg
Image: Razer/ASRock

Razer announced that it is partnering with ASRock for a new line of Razer-branded motherboards. These new motherboards will be based on the AMD AM4 socket. They will be available in either B550 or X570 chipset editions.

To help natively control the growing list of connectable devices, Razer also announced the first ever Razer Edition motherboards in collaboration with ASRock. The new motherboards are Razer-designed versions of the ASRock Taichi, offering a unique design and support for either X570 or B550 chipsets.. The boards are the first of their kind, offering native Razer Chroma RGB support and universal compatibility with thousands of addressable RGB (ARGB) components. DIY PC builders with multiple...

Continue reading...

Very strange that they would partner with a motherboard maker that knowingly puts out motherboards so bad they won't send them to reviewers.

That's not true. ASRock will send motherboards out to reviewers. It's just that If they don't like what they read, they won't ever send to that same reviewer again. ASRock stopped sampling HardOCP a very long time ago. We did review a few more boards anyway, but those were all purchased by Kyle. The ASRock boards we've reviewed here have all been sent by ASRock as far as I know. I know for a fact that the X570 Creator was sent from ASRock directly.

This is kind of wild to me. Wouldn’t have seen this combination coming but maybe it’ll make sense for both brands in the long run.

There is a Razer branded Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic. So, this isn't terribly surprising. Razer obviously wants to be like Corsair that has almost everything top to bottom. You could almost build an entire Corsair branded PC minus a couple of components.

There is a Razer branded Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic. So, this isn't terribly surprising. Razer obviously wants to be like Corsair that has almost everything top to bottom. You could almost build an entire Corsair branded PC minus a couple of components.
Do not get me wrong I have seen the Razer Lian Li case partnership its just I personally did not expect AsRock and Razer to get in bed together.

Do not get me wrong I have seen the Razer Lian Li case partnership its just I personally did not expect AsRock and Razer to get in bed together.
Looks like Razer supplied them with the RGB LED's and that's where the partnership ended.

I was mostly referring to the Hardware Unboxed issue where they asked for sampled low end z490 boards and were denied the request. They went out and bought the boards and the boards couldn't even handle a 10900K and got them blacklisted.

1602539178947.png

Last edited:
Well my X299 taichi works fine, the above image looks like a torture test/some worst case scenario kind of thing for which most sane users would not buy the cheapest motherboard they can find to be paired with the best CPU on that platform and then OC the snot out of it, but ok they failed the test, does not mean they are not good enough for normal use cases.

I'd rather they paired up with ASrock then the NZXT mobo's which were made by biostar iirc, luckily they now also use ASrock.

Well my X299 taichi works fine, the above image looks like a torture test/some worst case scenario kind of thing for which most sane users would not buy the cheapest motherboard they can find to be paired with the best CPU on that platform and then OC the snot out of it, but ok they failed the test, does not mean they are not good enough for normal use cases.

I'd rather they paired up with ASrock then the NZXT mobo's which were made by biostar iirc, luckily they now also use ASrock.
It's not really even a torture test - that's just power limits removed. They did one using an overclocked 10900K as well which is more of a torture test.

The testing group is all the cheapest Z490 motherboards they could acquire and only Asrock boards had real issues. Yes the Gigabyte board was awful but it at least finished the no power limit test.

It's from

All 4 tested Asrock boards had issues with an overclocked 10900K and one Gigabyte board failed.
1602549978621.png

I guess I've had okay luck with ASRock?

More than once, they've had the only board available that had the set of features I was looking for. I prefer ASUS, I guess, but honestly at this point I could wind up with anything.

I'm rock'n the x570 Steel Legend w/3700x in my rig .. B350 Fatal1ty ITX/ac w/3600x, and had the x470 Master/SLi .. all have served me well .. only issue was a fugly BIOS release of which was fixed in latest release..

Maybe they'll release "Conversion Kits" that will mount on existing sku's .. for us RGB whores ...

I wonder if Razer will make you log in with personally identifiable information to get your BIOS updates. 😂

I’ve had no problem with the AsRock boards I’ve owned (which, to be fair was only one), but Razer leaking peoples personal data in a hack and constantly trying to get me to register and login for my keyboard/mouse is enough to make me not buy the board.

These should go great with the new cases they released... A nice price premium.

This doesn't bother or excite me in the least. 2 companies I would be hard pressed to buy from anyway. More power to them, I hope they end up being successful with it to be honest.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with ASRock's higher end motherboards. Not for a while now.

I don't see the value in a rebranded ASRock board though.

Become a Patron!
Back