Red Dead Redemption 2 Sold 408K Copies in It’s First Exclusive Month on Epic Games Store

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
RDR2-Launch-1024x576.jpg

Image:RockStar Games

After roughly a year on consoles Red Dead Redemption 2 was released on PC. Going from one exclusive to a pair of others it was released thru a combo of Epic Games Store and RockStar’s new launcher for the first 30 days. According to SuperData Research it sold 408 thousand units on EGS. They say it pales in comparison to the exclusive release of Borderlands 3 which sold nearly four times as much but again, the game had already been on console for nearly a year.

They did not report on how many copies were sold via the RockStar Launcher. Now into it’s second month of release it is now available on Steam so it will be interesting to see how many held out for Steam. DSOG reported, via Steam Charts, that it sold around 200K-500K units on steam bringing total PC sales to around 1 million.

I admit I went ahead and got it via the RockStar Launcher. Since I haven’t had a console in over 10 years I was curious what the fuss was all about. Visually demanding and rewarding. Still on the fence with the game itself. Many of us saw the rocky release due to the various launch and crash issues of the first couple of weeks. These days it seems pretty stable so sales may grow even more dramatically throughout the end of year.

Bought it on steam but **** is it a poorly made port. Looks good but ****. Took 60 minutes to get in game because of multiple cashes.

May have to get this title on Steam since it is on sale, 20% off.

Bought it on steam but **** is it a poorly made port. Looks good but ****. Took 60 minutes to get in game because of multiple cashes.
Bummer it's still crashing for you. It was rough for me for the first couple of weeks but now it seems pretty stable. I haven't had any issues recently on either rig. Hopefully now that it's on steam that might accelerate their updates even more.

Bummer it's still crashing for you. It was rough for me for the first couple of weeks but now it seems pretty stable. I haven't had any issues recently on either rig. Hopefully now that it's on steam that might accelerate their updates even more.
Its working fine now but adjusting settings was where the crashes were occuring. Now it runs well enough minus a hitch when opening my settings menu. This is on the laptop as I am with family on vacation currently.

I wouldn't mind getting this game but I'm not interested enough for even a 40 buck investment. If I can get it for 20 from a reputable source I will.

Same here. Can't bring myself to buy it yet.

Picked it up last night on Steam, what a beautiful game! So far not having any problems with AMD 19.12.3 drivers, better than expected performance. Not sure if from driver updates, game updates or both. With slider preset maxed out minus motion blur, 1440p, I am getting close to 60fps on an OC Radeon 5700 XT AE with Vulkan with inbuilt benchmark - have not tried DX12 yet.

I'll probably pick it up at the $20 mark in a year or two. Hell I just bought GTA V pc on sale 6ish months ago and haven't even installed it yet.

BL3 and Outer Worlds are consuming what little gaming time I have right now. I got 2 more for xmas (jedi and CODMW) that I'm considering returning and buying back later just because I know they are going to sit in shrink wrap for 6 months

Performance while recording and using motion blur, max preset settings at 1440p was at 54fps. Put link to video on Brent review of this game thread if interested. 5700XT Anniversary Edition + Ryzen 3900X.

Become a Patron!
Back